who whould you pic at # 6

who whould you pic at # 6

• Total voters

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Lets keep in mind, krug and spurgeon don't have any real nhl success if chara and suter arent there.

Hughes is an amazing skater but can be hold up to being a #1 guy playing 25 minutes a game and more come playoff time against Mathews, eichel, stamkos/kucherv, ?

I want the horse even if he put up 10 less points a year.

Yeah, but if there's no Chara or Suter available, you still need to start building the other pieces in the mean time.

With all of that being said, I'm torn.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Hughes is the only guy I've seen enough to feel confident he'd be a great pick. I like Bouchard's stats a lot so I think he'd be a solid pick. I'd have no problem with Dobson or Wahlstrom. Don't really want Tkachuk but I'd deal.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Buffalo takes Dahlin
Carolina takes Svechnikov

Those are the slam dunk picks.

Montreal: I feel like Montreal takes Zadina, he plays in Halifax, so.

Ottawa: I feel like the Senators will start looking to replace Karlsson who’s out of there as soon as he can be, so I bet they take Boqvist.

Arizona: they take a lot of American prospects I feel like, so I bet they take Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, or Hughes.

Us: we pick Tkachuk, Wahlstrom, or Hughes based on however the draft goes down, imo.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Best player in the draft? It is time for you to start watching prospects play. Dahlin is the best player in this draft easily.
The big question is hockey IQ and production. Bouchard had very strong production numbers. This is Gabe Vilardi all over again. With that being said Bouchard is a very solid skater, just not an elite skater.

Reactions: lilidk

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
This is not that for Detroit at all I love the position we are in this draft.

Boqvist, Bouchard or Dobson you take one of the 3. Whichever one that falls to us and we rank the best.

Hughes no way taking him at 6 would be foolish as the 3 defensmen I mentioned are a step above him.

Walhstrom would be incredibly dumb, taking a winger when there are potential top pairing defensmen would be the dumbest thing Detroit could do. Literally the only are of strength on this team and in the prospect pool is on the wing. Walhstrom is not a center and will be playing wing in the NHL.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
The big question is hockey IQ and production. Bouchard had very strong production numbers. This is Gabe Vilardi all over again. With that being said Bouchard is a very solid skater, just not an elite skater.

It isnt Gabe Vilardi all over again. What Detroit should do is crystal clear. They take one of Boqvist, Bouchard or Dobson.

Dahlin is a lot better than Bouchard.

Reactions: Henkka

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My current mock:

1. BUF - Rasmus Dahlin LD
2. CAR - Andrei Svechnikov RW
3. MTL - Philip Zadina W
4. OTT - Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson RD
5. ARI - Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson RD
6. DET - Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson RD
7. VAN - Brady Tkachuk LW
8. CHI - Quinton Hughes LD
9. NYR - Oliver Wahlstrom RW

Ottawa and Arizona will decide who we will get.

Reactions: Go Wings

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
My current mock:

1. BUF - Rasmus Dahlin LD
2. CAR - Andrei Svechnikov RW
3. MTL - Philip Zadina W
4. OTT - Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson RD
5. ARI - Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson RD
6. DET - Bouchard/Boqvist/Dobson RD
7. VAN - Brady Tkachuk LW
8. CHI - Quinton Hughes LD
9. NYR - Oliver Wahlstrom RW

Ottawa and Arizona will decide who we will get.

Agreed but Tkachuk wont fall past both of Ottawa and Arizona.

Reactions: DetroitRed

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It isnt Gabe Vilardi all over again. What Detroit should do is crystal clear. They take one of Boqvist, Bouchard or Dobson.

Dahlin is a lot better than Bouchard.
I somehow replied to the wrong post. Meant to reply to someone who was worried about Bouchard in the event we draft him. I'd be perfectly fine with Bouchard.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I somehow replied to the wrong post. Meant to reply to someone who was worried about Bouchard in the event we draft him. I'd be perfectly fine with Bouchard.

No problem.
I would be fine if we drafted him too but I would prefer Boqvist over him but I think Ottawa might take Boqvist with Arizona taking Tkachuk.

FrolundaRedWings

Feb 27, 2017
I love Boqvist's skating and shooting ability but for some reason he doesn't seem like a typical prospect Holland and Wright would target. Personally, I think we end up with Bouchard which would still be great. I mean he is a full grown man at 18 and had 87 points this past year. His skating is a step below Boqvist/Hughes/Dobson, but it is still good. Not great, but still good. Watch at 1:39 in the video I attached and you can see that he isn't Ericsson out there. He would immediately become the best D prospect we have and he isn't that far away from the NHL.

Reactions: jkutswings

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
No problem.
I would be fine if we drafted him too but I would prefer Boqvist over him but I think Ottawa might take Boqvist with Arizona taking Tkachuk.

I'm the opposite, I am afraid Bouchard won't fall to us and Boqvist will be the player we're stuck with. I won't be happy with that scenario.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I love Boqvist's skating and shooting ability but for some reason he doesn't seem like a typical prospect Holland and Wright would target. Personally, I think we end up with Bouchard which would still be great. I mean he is a full grown man at 18 and had 87 points this past year. His skating is a step below Boqvist/Hughes/Dobson, but it is still good. Not great, but still good. Watch at 1:39 in the video I attached and you can see that he isn't Ericsson out there. He would immediately become the best D prospect we have and he isn't that far away from the NHL.

Anything that is a "step below" is still great at the NHL level. I think his skating is getting severely underrated because the other guys have elite skating. That's like saying Larkin is a not great skater because Mcdavid.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Bouchard is considered an EXCELLENT skater wheras Boqvist considered ELITE. Add in the fact that BOUCHARD plays 30 minutes per night in Junior and has elite vision along with elite passing and is a player not afraid of being physical or use his size, he's the no-brainer pick for Detroit imo.

I take the EXCELLENT skater with size over the tiny ELITE skater just to have an NHL dman that is projected to be atleast a #2 in the NHL and #1 quarter back on the PP. Bouchard will log lots of minutes like Suter does in Minny. He's a hourse.

I want either Bouchard or Boqvist. I expect of those two, Bouchard will fall to us at 6. I then expect the Red Wings to select Hughes. I'm not sure if that's the right choice or not; I'm sure many here prefer Hughes to Bouchard, I don't. The two Michigan games I've watched Hughes did not stand out. In particular, he was invisible in the frozen four game against Notre Dame - maybe I just watched the wrong two games and my read on him is incorrect; I hope so, because I feel that is who we will draft. If Bouchard and Boqvist are off the board I'd hope we trade down a few spots and land Dobson or Smith or even snag Wahlstrom.

Tkachuk is worse case scenario for me. I've not seen him play but I detest his fat father and his pesky brother. I would hate to see that name on the back of a Wings sweater, I never even warmed up to Chelios and still consider him a shit-head Black Hawk who sells chili in Detroit.

Northwing19

Apr 9, 2018
I will be happy with either of the big 4 defence after dahlin.

Boqvist/bouchard/hughes/Dobson

All have pros and cons but great upside, can't go wrong unless Kenny goes off the board.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Bouchard looks a little slow. I know nothing about him but the video makes him look slow.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Congrats on being the one person in the planet unhappy with drafting boqvist
not sure if i will be happy too. There is no one fun to watch at this draft as Boquist , but his defensive game makes me worry . We already have Hicketts and Hronek with same problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad