who whould you pic at # 6

who whould you pic at # 6

• Total voters

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Want no part of Hughes from what I have seen he's 175cm at best and unless he can put on 3-5 more cm at least, hes a wisp of a thing playing with men. I'd rather get someone that is closer to 178 to 180cm, where they aren't pylons but still have some frame to hang meat on.

Reactions: Pavels Dog

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Want no part of Hughes from what I have seen he's 175cm at best and unless he can put on 3-5 more cm at least, hes a wisp of a thing playing with men. I'd rather get someone that is closer to 178 to 180cm, where they aren't pylons but still have some frame to hang meat on.

Let's see how Hughes looks at the WCs.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Of those choices is I'd want Dobson, don't think he'll be around at six though.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
If I had to choose, Dobson or Wahlstrom

Edit: changed my vote to Bouchard.

Bouchard
Dobson
Wahlstrom
Tkachuk

Is the order for me

Last edited:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I always thought we were going to end up taking Bouchard, and now even more so.

Who do I want? I'm stuck between Bouchard and Houghes.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I guess the assumption is that he'll be taken before us, but I don't think that's a safe assumption.

We did all say we'd take him at five so perhaps not including him is more informative.

Exactly. Ottawa or Arizona will take Tkachuk then the other one will take a defensmen. It could be Boqvist or Dobson or Bouchard who knows.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
No trading down. If you are underwhelmed picking 6th, imagine what the teams 10th and later feel like. Just take BPA at 6. We know the big 3, and beyond that I'm expecting Tkachuk and either Bouchard or Boqvist to be taken. So it'll come down to Bouchard/Dobson or Boqvist/Dobson. I prefer Dobson over both options as it is, so that's easy for me, but I feel like the general consensus is going to disagree, but that's more of an argument of personal preference.

Reactions: jkutswings

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
"The Buffalo Sabres have traded the first overall pick in the 2018 NHL Draft to The Detroit Red Wings, in exchange for the sixth overall pick, and Henrik Zetterberg's sweet sweet beard."

I mean really, who wouldn't give up a kid that's barely started shaving, in exchange for these manly whiskers?

3f733076675abee434f48eb4a8395cd2.jpg

But in all reality, I go with whatever defenseman is on the board, between Boqvist, Bouchard, Dobson, or Hughes. And probably in that order.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
No trading down. If you are underwhelmed picking 6th, imagine what the teams 10th and later feel like. Just take BPA at 6. We know the big 3, and beyond that I'm expecting Tkachuk and either Bouchard or Boqvist to be taken. So it'll come down to Bouchard/Dobson or Boqvist/Dobson. I prefer Dobson over both options as it is, so that's easy for me, but I feel like the general consensus is going to disagree, but that's more of an argument of personal preference.

It depends.
I'm looking forward to lots of reading in the coming weeks.

But right now, I'm not super sold on any of Hughes, Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard or even Smith over each other.

If I'm sitting there on draft day at 6 and Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard and Smith are there...and if I don't have a clear favorite, I'd trade down to 9 or 10 for a nice asset.
But again, that's based on the idea that I haven't developed a clear favorite.

That may change between now and mid June.

If I have Hughes and Ty Smith ranked the same, and taking Smith allows me a shot at Veleno or Kotkaniemi....

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
voted Hughes but had a tough time picking between him and Bouchard

would be okay with anyone on this list though,don't really like the idea of taking a winger here but I like Wahlstrom enough that I would get over it pretty quick once the initial disappointment wore off

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad