Who were your favourite guys that went undrafted?

Transported Upstater

Michael Biega :(
Oh well, I have four years of college with him to look forward to! Here's hoping the Sharks nab him next year.

Harvard?!?!?!?

BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant: :rant:

(Take a guess what school I'm an alumnus of)

Sethis

May 9, 2004
Dan Nycholat. Lawrences little brother.

I grew up with the kid, so it sucks he didn't get picked, maybe next year after his first season in college though.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I thought Andrew Clark would have gone in the 7th round....
+1 .. Clark had a great season and played for Team WHL in the Canada/Russia series. He was a good scorer and improved pretty good this year..

AND

Dion Knelsen..
Just a fantastic scoring forward. High School age, playing in College and scoring 22 PTS in 37 GP.. just insane he wasn't drafted.

Both are small, which probably hurt them a lot.

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Mark in da mutha*&(& park Owuya yo! These teams be trippin' he be a future star fo sho.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I liked what I saw from Eric Doyle and Dion Knelsen when I saw them play. (Were both at the W-U18s? - I know Doyle was, and I saw Knelsen somewhere... probably there too). I didn't think either were game breakers, but I'd imagine both will get a chance to play pro hockey somewhere.

Angelo Esposito

Jun 24, 2007
Quebec City
don't understand why Roman Bashkirov was not selected; really think Sens will pick him after the selection of Ruslan; hope Murray will send a invitation to him for the training camp

jess_37

Jun 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
The other Bashkirov

agree. While Roman's skill set is a lot below his brothers, who also isnt anything to write home about either, I figured whatever team drafted Ruslan would have taken a shot at Roman in hopes of getting the next Sedins.

These twins are definitely nowhere near the Sedin's, but I am surprised that Ottawa didn't use their final pick on Roman to try it out.

jess_37

Jun 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Ben MacAskill. He didn't get much ice time this year, but was highly rated entering the QMJHL, and is developing (even though slowly) into a solid defenseman. I figured (and was silently hoping) that someone may go out on a limb on him.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
Yves Bastien and I know this sounds so bad because I love the guy but do you think the fact he can only see out of 1 eye had anything to do with not getting picked....On skillset there is no reason why he isnt a pick

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Not my favourites but certainly the most surprising ones:

David Stich
Eric Doyle
Juraj Valach
Vincent LoVerde
Sebastian Erixon
Jonathan Carrier
Jimmy Andersson
Mark Owuya
Dion Knielsen
Brent Regner
Lassi Kokkala

I agree with all of the above plus:

Mike Connolly
Tristin Llewellyn
Calle Ridderwall
Brock Trotter
Andrew Clark
Brendon Nash
Matthew Robertson
The other Bashkirov bro

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ben MacAskill. He didn't get much ice time this year, but was highly rated entering the QMJHL, and is developing (even though slowly) into a solid defenseman. I figured (and was silently hoping) that someone may go out on a limb on him.

Naw, if the draft was 20 rounds he wouldnt have been picked...he hasnt developed as expected, hes also slow of foot, not punishing physically and doesnt move the puck well.

I liked him at 15 in Midget, but he just hasnt developed.

nags

Sep 27, 2006
David Stich (hoping to be a canuck)
Eric Doyle (better than 30th overall Nick Ross)
Juraj Valach (6'7, 215, Gm's should get kicked for that)
Mark Owuya
Roman Bashkirov (Ottawa, you idiots, you draft Ruslan but you drop Roman)
Dion knelsen (screw up for everyone)
MIKE BIEGA!!!!!! (stupid, Biega is first class talent)
Yellowhorn (overaged, but people talked about him)
Patrick Lundh
Brett Regner (amazing..)
Mitch Czibere
Kurtis Mucha (7th rounder for sure... in my books)

So why did Doyle not get drafted? Did something come up that scared some teams off?
worst draft ever for my canucks

Total crapshoot, im hoping next year will be ALOT better.. did Skokan get drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad