Who should we get rid of and who should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I think we should sign Moulson, he's proven to be productive without Tavares. I think we could get him and he could play with Wilson. They could be productive, Wilson is guy who finds people with nice passing and stick handling. While Moulson gets in open space and finishes.

Could look like:

Moulson - Wilson - Stalberg/Spaling/???
Bourque/Forsberg - Jarnkrok - Smith
Forsberg/Cullen/Beck - Fisher - Hornqvist
Nystrom/Beck - Gaustad - Spaling/Clune/Sissons

Now the problem is we have Beck, Watson, and Salomaki who could push for spots. I vote trading Stalberg for whatever we get, possibly bourque too. Pick up Moulson, and see if Beck or Forsberg can take up that last LW spot. As for defense, get MDZ to get his head out of his ass and we are good.

It's a decent lineup we could make the playoffs, but I don't think we will be dominate.

Add a Nylander/Ritchie/Ehlers/Perlini to the mix in a year or two. Bolded is best option. It's not that bad.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And sadly, it won't be because the FO and coaches only want grinders.

thats a ridiculous statement. the FO and coaches would happily take a talented offensive player if we can land one…. see, Kariya, Paul…. Sullivan, Steve….and more recently Jarnkrok, Calle.

Its wishful thinking but I'd like to see Poile throw a boatload of money at Vanek and see what happens...

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There is Zero chance Paul Stastny will leave Colorado. There is no reason for Colorado to let him go they have plenty of cap room an no real pressure to resign any of the others not on a contract for next year. They can resign ROR and Stastny with ease. Also Stastny does have a family history there.
Agreed. Only way I do see him moving is if he goes to St. Louis. Has family connections to that organization as well, they have the cap space (his salary would more or less be mitigated by them ditching Morrow and Roy), he could be 1a/1b with Backes, and they are a legitimate contender.

Don't see anyone that's going to take Stalberg off our hands. Have to hope we can find some kind of role or linemates he can be successful with...or at least someone to show him what to do on a breakaway.

Rather see us keep Spaling than Bourque.

Nystrom/Goose/? will be fine as a fourth line.

Wouldn't mind us cutting ties with Wilson, but I think we would be selling low on him, so not the best time to move him.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
thats a ridiculous statement. the FO and coaches would happily take a talented offensive player if we can land one…. see, Kariya, Paul…. Sullivan, Steve….and more recently Jarnkrok, Calle.

Its wishful thinking but I'd like to see Poile throw a boatload of money at Vanek and see what happens...

You're misunderstanding me. I'm not saying the team won't get someone better than a third liner because they "hate talent" or "only want hard workers or grinders" and any other ridiculous ideas made up to bash Trotz or the FO.

It's because of how many "legitimate scoring threats" actually end up hitting the market these days. Were there even any last off-season?

And when they do, for instance someone like Parise, there are 29 other teams who, let's be real, many of which frequently thought of as better destinations than Nashville, who will likely be pushing for him. That's just the sad reality.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Vanek has made it very clear he wants to go to Minn so I doubt he will come here for any amount of money.

You may be right but if minny is in cap trouble and he could make 20 million more over the life of a contract by coming here I would guess he would think about it.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
You may be right but if minny is in cap trouble and he could make 20 million more over the life of a contract by coming here I would guess he would think about it.
Minny won't be in cap trouble. At worst, Vanek slots right in to the cap space that Heatley is vacating. They will have quite a bit tied up in their core players, and most of that group is getting toward, or on the wrong side of 30, but they can make it work.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Agreed. Only way I do see him moving is if he goes to St. Louis. Has family connections to that organization as well, they have the cap space (his salary would more or less be mitigated by them ditching Morrow and Roy), he could be 1a/1b with Backes, and they are a legitimate contender.

Don't see anyone that's going to take Stalberg off our hands. Have to hope we can find some kind of role or linemates he can be successful with...or at least someone to show him what to do on a breakaway.

Rather see us keep Spaling than Bourque.

Nystrom/Goose/? will be fine as a fourth line.

Wouldn't mind us cutting ties with Wilson, but I think we would be selling low on him, so not the best time to move him.

Maybe Statsny re-signs with CO. But I would not say it is 0% he leaves. They have a lot of good centers on that roster, and teams love to overpay UFAs. Look at Poile.

All I would like is for Poile to take a run at him if he does make it to market.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Maybe Statsny re-signs with CO. But I would not say it is 0% he leaves. They have a lot of good centers on that roster, and teams love to overpay UFAs. Look at Poile.

All I would like is for Poile to take a run at him if he does make it to market.

I don't think it's 0% that he moves, but I do think the chances of us acquiring him are probably about that much. ;)

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville

Seeing as he didn't make a run at Filpula this past offseason I don't think he will make a run for Stastny either sadly. hopefully I'm wrong if he does make it to free agency.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Thinking about it trading our first and maybe a 2nd plus Wilson or prospect and bringing in a guy like Stepan or Eberle wouldn't be a bad idea. Chances are they are already better than the players highest potential we are going to draft anyways plus we don't have to wait.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I'd rather see us go all in and pack our first and 2nds to try and move into the top five honestly. Wilson still has potential and I think a full training camp and pre-season at center will do him good, especially if we're bringing in a new coach.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I'd rather see us go all in and pack our first and 2nds to try and move into the top five honestly. Wilson still has potential and I think a full training camp and pre-season at center will do him good, especially if we're bringing in a new coach.

I'd love to do that but you also have to think about who is available at our spot, say 11th. Ten compare that pick and two middle 2nd round picks, who can turn into solid players. I just don't know if I'm sold on this draft to make a desperation move like that. sure guys have skill but every pick in the top 10 has a pretty big risk with it this year. I'd rather trade all of that for a young proven player like Eberle or E. Kane

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
For sure go for a proven player if you are going to go that route. We don't have time to wait on a player to develop. Weber and Rinne are not getting younger.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well we do have 4, but none of ours have more than 25.

Chicago has 4, Sharp (33), Kane (29), Toews (28), Hosa (20) and then Saad and Shaw with 19.

Ducks has 4, Perry (42), Getzlaf (31), Cogliano (21) and Bonino (20) They also have Perreault with 18.

San Jose has 4 Pavelski (39), Marleau (32), Burns (22), Couture (21)

Pittsburg's 4, Crosby (36), Kunitz (35) Neal (24) and Malkin (23)

Boston actually has 5 Iginla (30), Bergeron (29), Lucic (24), Marchand (23) and Smith (20).

Colorado also has 5 COR (28), Landeskog (26), Mac (24), Duchene (23) and Stastny (23) with McGinn also have 19.

St. Louis has 5 as well Steen (33) Backes (27), Schwartz (24), Oshie (21) and Tarasenko (21)

Ottawa is the other goal scoring defenseman with his team on this list, they also have 5 Turris (25), MacArthur (24), Ryan (23), Spezza (22) and Karlsson (20)

And we can't leave out the TBL if you count MSL they have 5 too. MSL (29), Filppula (25), Stamkos (24 in 34 games), Johnson (23) and Palat (22)

Well all I know is we need to get another scorer otherwise we may see the same thing happen next year like it did this year as how is our current roster suppose to compete w/ that (the roster you just listed above). It's not fair to the current Preds players that they aren't getting the added help/tools to succeed. It would be like a really busy business only have one employee working it. Eventually that employee will get fatigued/tired from running that business w/ no support until they are given the added help/support of hiring more employees to help run the business especially if you are competing against other bigger, better businesses.

The Preds are running up against teams w/ better or higher scoring forwards/players than them and so if they want to be able to compete against those teams they need to have the added support/players to do that. Currently the Preds are short a 20 or 30 scorer imo. Get one player that can score 20 or 30 goals added to the team and the Preds would have a better chance at succeeding.

Last edited:

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Maybe Mike Fisher could persuade Daniel Alfredsson to come to Nashville since they used to be teammates in Ottawa.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Maybe Mike Fisher could persuade Daniel Alfredsson to come to Nashville since they used to be teammates in Ottawa.

One of the main reasons Alfie left was to try to win a cup and it sure isn't happening in Nashville. He'll probably retire after this season and even if he doesn't the preds don't need an over 40 player.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

There's a breakdown of all the forwards that will be UFA this year.

Anyone for Milan Michalek? We are pretty weak on the LW side. He could be a good veteran presence, while putting up about 40 points. Now, this is all assuming we sign him around 3 mil for 2 years. Don't wanna overpay for that, but if the price and terms are right he could add a little of something.

Could give Forsberg some more time to ease into the NHL, and not rush him.

Michalek - Jarnkrok - Smith
Cullen/Forsberg - Fisher - Hornqvist
Bourque - Wilson - Spaling
Nystrom - Goose - ????

Clune/Stalberg/Forsberg/Watson/Beck can fill in where ever when needed

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Well....with yesterdays announcement, should be a fun offseason seeing what management's next moves are. Even if they don't make any splashy moves (which I don't think they will), I can't wait to see what the kids can do and who we cut ties with.

JackieMoon

Howson Apologist
Jun 11, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
The first person they should get is Peter Laviolette.
The Predators are in desperate need of offensive skill up front. Derek Roy could be had for pennies on the dollar. He's only 30 years old and has put up 80 points in a season before. Mike Cammalleri could give them skill and speed on the left side and his next contract is unlikely to carry a 6 million cap hit.

Very interested in who the Predators get at coach and if the roster moves will mirror a change in philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00