Who should we get rid of and who should we get? (Part II)

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
I used to do sports reporting for my high school newspaper for a whole two years :D! I reckon I could do a better job than Cooper. I'd certainly put out more content on a daily basis, have a podcast, video player interviews etc. I mean they guy is probably on a fairly decent salary and I'm a student right now, I would kill to have his job and yet he seems like he puts very little effort in and hasn't educated himself on the sport to the level that would be adequate enough for worthy critical comment.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I just always got the sense that he was a guy covering the Preds because it was the only sports writers job he could get so it was better than nothing for him. For the franchise and the team it would probably be better if it was nothing.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
I used to do sports reporting for my high school newspaper for a whole two years :D! I reckon I could do a better job than Cooper. I'd certainly put out more content on a daily basis, have a podcast, video player interviews etc. I mean they guy is probably on a fairly decent salary and I'm a student right now, I would kill to have his job and yet he seems like he puts very little effort in and hasn't educated himself on the sport to the level that would be adequate enough for worthy critical comment.

Can we get you the job?
I honestly wish we could get Cooper replaced

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Hah I didn't even notice you were in the UK! Woah!
Any decent leagues in the UK?

EIHL. We had a few NHLers come over here in the lockout a few years back (Belak, Nichol), they scored quite a few points which shows you that the quality is pretty low! We do have a couple of young prospects though.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
EIHL. We had a few NHLers come over here in the lockout a few years back (Belak, Nichol), they scored quite a few points which shows you that the quality is pretty low! We do have a couple of young prospects though.

Better than nothing! And that's good about the prospects. Actually pretty exciting. It would be great to see hockey grow in the UK

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I used to be indifferent to the guy. But for a period of time now, his reporting really comes across as " phoning it in." I also find his Kane comments ludicrous since the Preds clearly won't mind trying a guy with char issues.

I know... Because Neal, and especially Ribiero, are angels. I think Lavy is more concerned with scoring goals than Boy Scout badges.

KreamofAskarov

Here for fun
Dec 26, 2010
Canada
To Nash: Bob Ryan
To Ottawa: 2015 1st, Colin Wilson, Ryan Ellis/Ekholm

Neal-Ribeiro-Ryan
Cullen-Roy-Smith
Jokinen-Jarnkrok-Forsberg
Stalberg-Gausted-Nystrom

I love Ryan, but thats to much for only 1 yr. Only reason we should trade the 1st for 2015 would be for a legit, young, number 1 center.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
To Nashville Kane to WPG Spaling + Fiala/1st rd pick your choice

As was noted above, Spaling was traded to Pittsburgh at the draft. Also, I'd rather have Fiala/1st rd pick over Kane. Giving away our firsts is part of what got us in our mess.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
As was noted above, Spaling was traded to Pittsburgh at the draft. Also, I'd rather have Fiala/1st rd pick over Kane. Giving away our firsts is part of what got us in our mess.

Not necessarily true. It's not like we gave up some high pick that would have been used to fill out the offensive prospect void. A better indicator of what got us "into this mess" is the way we used the picks we had.

I could stomach trading the first, even knowing what kind of draft it will be...but not for a wing. Team need remains a true number 1 center on the youngish side.

If SJ made, say, Logan Couture available? That's another story.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Because they are mad as **** their teams overlooked him.

Bingo, after seeing him at the prospects game at the Stone he has something no prospect we have had besides Radulov has had. That is being a pure offensive player, he reminds me a lot of Jonathan Drouin but maybe a slightly lower ceiling. Who knows, he could surpass Drouin it'll be exciting to watch him develop.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Bingo, after seeing him at the prospects game at the Stone he has something no prospect we have had besides Radulov has had. That is being a pure offensive player, he reminds me a lot of Jonathan Drouin but maybe a slightly lower ceiling. Who knows, he could surpass Drouin it'll be exciting to watch him develop.

I agree and him being Swiss he may have been slightly overlooked by some teams. Having the best swiss player in the world on our team already will only help Fiala as well imo.

I would have still taken Perlini at 11 but after watching camp I am less disapointed. He looked really good and will be a fun player to watch.

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
I agree and him being Swiss he may have been slightly overlooked by some teams. Having the best swiss player in the world on our team already will only help Fiala as well imo.

I would have still taken Perlini at 11 but after watching camp I am less disapointed. He looked really good and will be a fun player to watch.

Really? Josi is not our best player. As far as defensemen Streit is better but you can't compare defensemen to forwards anyway. El Nino and Brunner are pretty good too.. And what about Hiller? So no, you can't really pick one. Of course, unless you have a Datsyuk or a Selanne.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Really? Josi is not our best player. As far as defensemen Streit is better but you can't compare defensemen to forwards anyway. El Nino and Brunner are pretty good too.. And what about Hiller? So no, you can't really pick one. Of course, unless you have a Datsyuk or a Selanne.

Streit used to be better, but he's not even close now. Right now, I think Josi is pretty clearly the best Swiss player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad