Aug 13, 2007
Hockey news ranking,

1. Jones
2. Drouin
3. Mackinnon
4. Lindholm
5. Nichushkin
6. Barkov

What's with that?!?! Hockey news is only ones I've seen rank barkov out of top five. Who does their list?!?!

I would suspect Canadians who want Barkov to be available to the Flames at #6 :shakehead:rant:

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I would suspect Canadians who want Barkov to be available to the Flames at #6 :shakehead:rant:

Do you really think that's a possibility?? Lol.
I was just so shocked when I saw how low they had him rated. Nobody else rates barks outta the top five except HN

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If we draft barkov, do you figure he will start ok the preds roster for sure?
Or do you think it's more likely he goes to Milwaukee or stays in Finland?

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If we draft barkov, do you figure he will start ok the preds roster for sure?
Or do you think it's more likely he goes to Milwaukee or stays in Finland?

I think Barkov would make the team day one. As for Forsberg I do not see him making the team right away unless he improves greatly over the next few months somehow. I could see him being a call-up during the season however and sticking from there.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I think Barkov would make the team day one. As for Forsberg I do not see him making the team right away unless he improves greatly over the next few months somehow. I could see him being a call-up during the season however and sticking from there.

Is this because of the size of these guys? Or the game they play?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

Are you judging this on his 5 games with no practice on a terrible team?

Because I think he looked pretty darn good, even in spite of those things.

By all accounts though, Barkov is the most NHL-ready player in the draft. More so than Jones or Drouin, and likely a little more than even Mackinnon, given that he's already played against men.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Is this because of the size of these guys? Or the game they play?

I'm going more by what I have seen of them playing over size. Barkov has already been playing vs NHL players thisyear and done very wel. No reason to think he can't continue that even at his age.

As for Forsberg I think he needs some time in the AHL to learn the defensive system. The kid is going to be really good and like I said I think he plays for the Preds next season but not out of camp.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If and when both forsberg and barkov (if we do draft him) play together on predators, do you think they would be linemates or would they be better to be separate?

I'm positive at least one of the two would play with Wilson.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
If and when both forsberg and barkov (if we do draft him) play together on predators, do you think they would be linemates or would they be better to be separate?

I'm positive at least one of the two would play with Wilson.

Some of the best lines in the NHL are made up of a Power Forward/Playmaker/Sniper. That is how I view Wilson/Barkov/Forsberg. I'm not sure they will be ready next season to be paired together but it could happen and I can see that being a very strong line for many years to come.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Do you really think that's a possibility?? Lol.
I was just so shocked when I saw how low they had him rated. Nobody else rates barks outta the top five except HN
THN lost all credibility when they wrote a preview for the Preds season that stated "this team should be moved to Hamilton ASAP" as the only info on the team

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Apparently international scouting also has barkov as six....

eh iss has been increasingly erratic in recent years. they're becoming only a slightly better version of red line. he dropped lost wjc and I believe the 6 ranking is still the remnants of that drop

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
It is barkov or lindholm. I can't see it any other way. Watching tape on barkov, one would hope it is him. Any lindholm supporters?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
eh iss has been increasingly erratic in recent years. they're becoming only a slightly better version of red line. he dropped lost wjc and I believe the 6 ranking is still the remnants of that drop

Barkov had a better wjc than any of the other top five guys.

Preddownsouth

Feb 20, 2013
Are you judging this on his 5 games with no practice on a terrible team?

Because I think he looked pretty darn good, even in spite of those things.

By all accounts though, Barkov is the most NHL-ready player in the draft. More so than Jones or Drouin, and likely a little more than even Mackinnon, given that he's already played against men.

Pick up Viktor Stalberg in FA. Keep Wilson on the top line. On the 2nd run Stalberg-Barkov-Forsberg. It would end up being a dynamic line in my opinion.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Everyone keeps talking about stalberg, I just don't see it. He will just be another fisher, kostitsyn, or hornqvist.
If we don't get a top three forward then don't get anyone as far as I'm concerned.

We need someone our guys like beck, forsberg, Wilson, (barkov) can learn from and play with to create big league talent.
Stalberg isn't that guy.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
It is barkov or lindholm. I can't see it any other way. Watching tape on barkov, one would hope it is him. Any lindholm supporters?

I think theres a chance we take Lindholm. Barkov is recently gaining momentum and hype and I think we will end up taking him. I havent seen enough from either to say one is definitely better then the other, but Barkov's size and style of play is exactly what we need to build around. Plus I think his game will transition smoother to NA then Lindholm's. Also I see Lindholm AND Forsberg being too similar.

That said Ill be happy with either, and trust our staff to make the best choice.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
There are loads of videos of Lindholm and Barkov and for that m,atter all the top ten prospects. If it were me I would Pick Lindholm but thats my preference and the deciding factor in my eyes was the work ethic that he is applaued for Barkov seems to be a primadonna. I think Lindholm would fit into Nashville system better. If Nichuskin was not such a big risk he could well be a steal . Its a while until the draft and lots ciould happen with all of them but at the end of the day there all kids and to expect any of them to just waltz in to Nashville and put up the 60 points that we need as a 1st liner is really not likley to happen.

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
There are loads of videos of Lindholm and Barkov and for that m,atter all the top ten prospects. If it were me I would Pick Lindholm but thats my preference and the deciding factor in my eyes was the work ethic that he is applaued for Barkov seems to be a primadonna. I think Lindholm would fit into Nashville system better. If Nichuskin was not such a big risk he could well be a steal . Its a while until the draft and lots ciould happen with all of them but at the end of the day there all kids and to expect any of them to just waltz in to Nashville and put up the 60 points that we need as a 1st liner is really not likley to happen.

???

Barkov is lauded, quite highly, for being a solid teammate and helping create plays and not showboating every time he scores - acting like he's been there before. Curious why you think that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad