Speculation: Who should we draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Well it's looking more and more like we will definitely be picking in the top five for this draft which is pretty exciting IMO!

I think we should pick a forward that could compliment Wilson/Forsberg nicely in the NEAR future. As some have mentioned, I trust in Poile and our scouts to nail good defensemen later in the draft, we need a big forward prospect.

First off,
Does anyone have a ''good'' link for the available top prospects for this upcoming entry draft?

Second of all,
I hear it's going to be some real top notch prospects coming out of top ten or so, so we should have plenty of options picking around five or so. I am only leary of Russians because of Poile and number 47. But I hear there is quite a bit of Russians this year, thoughts on us picking one??

If we could go into draft picking say fifth overall, and you had to make a list of (in order), top three forwards you would want, what would your list look like?? Anyone specifically who would compliment FF or CW quite well?!

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Depends on where we fall. In this order:

MacKinnon (unlikely to be available)

Lindhom

Barkov (not likely)

Monahan

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If we luck into the top 3: MacKinnon (or Drouin if Mac is gone)
If we pick #4 : Barkov
If we pick 5-7: (in preferred order)
...Sean Monahan
...Elias Lindholm
...Valeri Nichushkin

Lower than that, i'd hope that one of the above is still available, or Hunter Shinkaruk.

I really don't see the Preds picking higher than 5th, and no lower than 10th, yet even in a 5 pick span there is a HUGE dropoff in potential and an even bigger question mark on who will be available depending on what the teams ahead of them decide to do.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
If we luck into the top 3: MacKinnon (or Drouin if Mac is gone)
If we pick #4 : Barkov
If we pick 5-7: (in preferred order)
...Sean Monahan
...Elias Lindholm
...Valeri Nichushkin

Lower than that, i'd hope that one of the above is still available, or Hunter Shinkaruk.

I really don't see the Preds picking higher than 5th, and no lower than 10th, yet even in a 5 pick span there is a HUGE dropoff in potential and an even bigger question mark on who will be available depending on what the teams ahead of them decide to do.

So your saying after the top five there is huge drop off in talent??

Also, I would love mackinnon!!
But if not available, don't you think Poile would be more apt to target fellow swede (FF), Lindholm rather than Russian barkov??

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
So your saying after the top five there is huge drop off in talent??

Also, I would love mackinnon!!
But if not available, don't you think Poile would be more apt to target fellow swede (FF), Lindholm rather than Russian barkov??

Barkov is Finnish.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I've heard after the top 5 or 6, there is a big drop off.........

heard people discussing, please tank, to get us into that top 6. that there are 5 or 6 ready to step into the nhl.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I've heard after the top 5 or 6, there is a big drop off.........

heard people discussing, please tank, to get us into that top 6. that there are 5 or 6 ready to step into the nhl.

I'd agree with that.

Jones, Drouin, MacKinnon and Barkov are definitely ready to step into the NHL next season. Anyone else probably needs a year or two, but they could surprise us and make a successful jump right away.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
What about monahan? He sounds pretty solid as well.

And by reading Lindholm's bio, I think he may be our guy as he is only one really mentioned about having solid two way game. Trotzy will be pushing Poile's hand here! Lol

Last edited:

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
I'd pick Barkov, but I'm afraid Poile will go defense. He always picks defense first in odd numbered years.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I'd pick Barkov, but I'm afraid Poile will go defense. He always picks defense first in odd numbered years.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2013/04/30-thoughts-nhl-players-in-sochi-olympics-wont-come-cheap.html

3. I talked to general manager David Poile about Nashville's need to build offence. The Predators have the lowest "one-goal game" winning percentage in the NHL and are the victim of eight shutouts, also 30th. I asked Poile if he'd consider trading Shea Weber once the post-offer sheet moratorium ends in July: "We have a franchise goaltender and the best defenceman in the NHL ... We are building our team around them."

4. There's hope for several of Nashville's young forwards like Pontus Aberg, Zach Budish, Brendan Leipsic -- and Filip Forsberg will be an important piece. Poile didn't get Martin Erat's list of teams he'd go to until the night before the April 3 trade deadline. "I called everyone on the list, but thought it would be a summer deal," Poile said. "I asked for a lot and got it." Hearing that timeline, Washington was a surprise destination.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
If Jones is somehow there then he will continue falling. He is projected to be the top pick. If he falls four or five spots there is something wrong.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
If Jones is somehow there then he will continue falling. He is projected to be the top pick. If he falls four or five spots there is something wrong.

Happens every year.. Ff was same thing last year in fact. If top x teams want a fwd then he will fall but I can't see this team passing on him. Polie likes a fwd prospects allot. He raved about them in interview When we got ff... Jones if he somehow falls to 5 (think we will pick at 5 ) and lindholm if not is where I see us going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad