Who should be our next coach?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
oh lord, **** torts with hot sauce. deboer to torts is a biiiig step in the wrong direction imo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His teams make the playoffs almost every year. He took over for a sinking Rangers in 08-09 in the middle of the season and took them to the playoffs. He missed the playoffs his last year in Tampa when the team became just straight up awful.

Tortorella is far and way a better coach than DeBoer, and I don't see how it's debatable.

One is a winner that goes to the playoffs almost every year, the other is a LOSER who goes to the playoffs once every 6 years.

With that said, I'm a little bit turned off by what's going on in Vancouver right now.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He might be a better coach than Pete, but that doesn't mean he's the right coach for us. He loves his grinders just as much as Pete does and rides his horses into the ground. And isn't everybody saying how we need a coach who is good with kids? Torts doesn't strike me as the "teaching" type.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He might be a better coach than Pete, but that doesn't mean he's the right coach for us. He loves his grinders just as much as Pete does and rides his horses into the ground. And isn't everybody saying how we need a coach who is good with kids? Torts doesn't strike me as the "teaching" type.

Fair enough.

I'm not much of a fan of the system he plays. The shot blocking stuff I don't like at all.

What would be refreshing is that after a game like the Islanders game, Torts would come out and say point blank ''We sucked''. None of this ''I thought we had enough good looks to score 2 or 3 goals'' stuff.

Torts probably isn't a Lou type guy because of the nastiness he displays to the media and the language he uses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad