Who should be our next coach?

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
He will be high on Lou list. I believe he is good friends with Lemaire.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Before Sutter was hired I wanted Kevin Dineen he was killing it in Portland with Anaheim's affiliate at the time....Still think he would be a very good option. Team Canada seems to have a lot of faith in him

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anybody but dumbeor and Stevens.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
I don't care if Lou hires a collection of HFBoard posters that make decisions via poll.

Anything is better than Peter DeBoer.

Camille the Eel

What about Red Gendron, now head coach of the "Black Bears" of the University of Maine at Orono. He was a Lemaire assistant and has a long relationship with the Devils and also coached the kids at Albany. He's good with young players, experienced, steady, knows the game.

I wonder if he'd give up a good college job though for this?

Just a thought.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Whats good with Stevens?

our D has taken a step back with him there and its clear he also doesn't really like the young guys IMO

We don't know enough either way if Stevens has brought good or bad, you could say offensively we've improved on defense, but once again, how would we know how responsible he actually is for that - and look at the situation he's been given with a head coach who doesn't work well with young players and has a log jam at the position he is responsible for coaching

There are a select few assistants in the entire league that actually have make significant differences, Robinson was one of them

How has the D taken a step back?

We need a more experienced head coach than that. Have you forgotten about MacLean?

I thought you were talking about Stevens as an assistant

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We don't know enough either way if Stevens has brought good or bad, you could say offensively we've improved on defense, but once again, how would we know how responsible he actually is for that - and look at the situation he's been given with a head coach who doesn't work well with young players and has a log jam at the position he is responsible for coaching

There are a select few assistants in the entire league that actually have make significant differences, Robinson was one of them

How has the D taken a step back?

I thought you were talking about as an assistant

IMO Stevens is one of the ones pushing for guys like Salvador and Volchenkov to play over the young guys

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
tell me how he is the one pushing for older vets over the younger guys ???

all negatives from you man , it's disgusting !

Sorry, the truth hurts. There isn't much to be positive about with this team nowadays, sorry to be the bearer of (true) bad news.

Pretty easily considering that lesser, older players play over guys who are clearly

I know some of that is Pete but I have a feeling Stevens doesnt help things in that regard.

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Sorry, the truth hurts. There isn't much to be positive about with this team nowadays, sorry to be the bearer of (true) bad news.Pretty easily considering that lesser, older players play over guys who are clearly

I know some of that is Pete but I have a feeling Stevens doesnt help things in that regard.

I dont see the glass half empty dude, sorry I dont live that way.....we went to the cup in 2012 and we are 5 points out of the play offs with 10 games left, no matter which way you slice it THESE ARE THE FACTS ! Im done with you now, go back to screaming "the sky is falling"

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
IMO Stevens is one of the ones pushing for guys like Salvador and Volchenkov to play over the young guys

But the way the young players have been handled has followed Pete regardless of who his defensive coach has been whether it be in FLA, Robinson or Stevens - as I said, we don't know either way for sure, but when patterns develop...

The Salvador thing seems to be part about the letter on his chest, Volchenkov has been fine this year and it's been ashame we've seen him scratched when healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad