GDT: Who pulled the fire alarm? FA day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I bet NJ gets Tarasenko for a low amount. With Tarasenko getting paid 9.5 million this year, his suitor pool shrank even smaller.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I bet NJ gets Tarasenko for a low amount. With Tarasenko getting paid 9.5 million this year, his suitor pool shrank even smaller.

Cap hit being lower than actual money paid would be a boon for Carolina's chances here, I think. I would bet that NJ will have greater attendance issues than Carolina this season, and the Canes do apparently want to be a cap club this season.

Reactions: DaveG

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Canes being the Canes, we probably won't get Tarasenko either since we rarely ever get a big name (especially if it's through free agency) during the offseason. For this year, our big name addition was DeAngelo for a much different reason than talent. I'm having PTSD flashbacks from the JR days where we'd get nobodies, and "we like our group." Yeah, I'm feeling cynical. I'm tried of getting my hopes up of us improving our top 6 forwards.

They better improve the forwards and not with 2nd rate player(s).

Reactions: Negan4Coach

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Canes being the Canes, we probably won't get Tarasenko either since we rarely ever get a big name (especially if it's through free agency) during the offseason. For this year, our big name addition was DeAngelo for a much different reason than talent. I'm having PTSD flashbacks from the JR days where we'd get nobodies, and "we like our group." Yeah, I'm feeling cynical. I'm tried of getting my hopes up of us improving our top 6 forwards.
It's looking like, short of an Eichel trade, we are entering next year with about $11m-$12m in cap space, assuming we are able to extend Svech.

Maybe we get Tarasenko, but I would hope that Gardiner is somehow a part of it in terms of cap dump for cap dump. Not sure how much cost we would take on, so that's certainly one unknown.

Reactions: Sigurd and DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I think of it this way - which 3rd pair, on paper, is better, Bean-Hakanpaa or Cole-Bear/TDA?

TDA signing controversy aside, I think they’ve upgraded the 3rd pair, significantly.

Not knowing anything about Cole or Bear, I leave that up to you. Alls I know is we traded a former high 1st round selection for some guy we supposedly needed “more of” and we let walk after a couple months. Sticks in my craw

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Would not be surprised if Tarasenko is a Cane by the end of the day. Saad signing with St. Louis means they'll probably ship him out ASAP rather than any other time during the summer.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
It's looking like, short of an Eichel trade, we are entering next year with about $11m-$12m in cap space, assuming we are able to extend Svech.

Maybe we get Tarasenko, but I would hope that Gardiner is somehow a part of it in terms of cap dump for cap dump. Not sure how much cost we would take on, so that's certainly one unknown.

FFS

That's all I have to say about that...

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’m still nervous about Tarasenko’s shoulder. If they could swap Gardiner for him. I’d be all for it, but I see no reason for the Blues to do that short of saving some cash. If I were the Blues’ GM, I’d be asking for Niederreiter, 1-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad