Tribute Who is your favorite non big name player in sens history?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Nic Foligno

was bummed when they traded him and he went on to become a stud player

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I freaking love guys like Magnus, Ruutu, McAmmond, Saprykin, MVP PYATT, Condra, and Sean Donovan.

Also, my man Peter Regin. I got to know him and he'd wish me happy birthday few times, man that guy was kind and humble as s****. I was devastated when he didnt pan out and got those injuries cause he was a real good guy. I also got to know Lehner a bit outside the rink, even gamed with him and Andre Petersson when they used to be in Bingo, and even though he appeared tough as nails, he was a big softie on the inside. So I have real soft spot for those guys.

Ruutu and Volchenkov were what I wanted all our bottom pair and bottom 6 players to be like. Loved their game.

Reactions: HzH

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
McGrattan and Neil for sure. Neil was kind of a big name though in a way. Also Kelly and Volchenkov.

Gratts bloodying Domi was a franchise changing moment and his job wasnt an easy one. So many people in that role had substance abuse issues.

I remember Volchie laying out the carbomb once during a Flyers game. Left him sitting on his butt first trying to figure out where he was and then what hit him. One of my favourite hits up there with Alfie on Tucker.

I think my favourite was when he exploded into Hoglund. Such a « who is this kid » keep your head up moment.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
- Vaclav "Vinnie" Prospal! Dude had great vision, some nastiness, and was very competitive. Unfortunately Jacques didn't seem to like him very much.

- Karel Rachunek (RIP): underrated point man on the PP: could hold the puck at the blue line like the best of them, and could direct the puck to the net through billions of players. Defensively, could take a big hit without coughing up the puck.

- Stephane Da Costa: still miffed we let him go even though we really could have used his sill and vision.

Reactions: HzH

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Clarke MacArthur
Marc Methot
Anton Volchenkov
Chris Neil
Matt Cullen
Andre Benoit
Mike Fisher
Chris Kelly
Nick Foligno

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I freaking love guys like Magnus, Ruutu, McAmmond, Saprykin, MVP PYATT, Condra, and Sean Donovan.

Also, my man Peter Regin. I got to know him and he'd wish me happy birthday few times, man that guy was kind and humble as s****. I was devastated when he didnt pan out and got those injuries cause he was a real good guy. I also got to know Lehner a bit outside the rink, even gamed with him and Andre Petersson when they used to be in Bingo, and even though he appeared tough as nails, he was a big softie on the inside. So I have real soft spot for those guys.

Ruutu and Volchenkov were what I wanted all our bottom pair and bottom 6 players to be like. Loved their game.

I remember that playoff series against the pens where Peter Regin looked like a future star for us. :'(

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
- Vaclav "Vinnie" Prospal! Dude had great vision, some nastiness, and was very competitive. Unfortunately Jacques didn't seem to like him very much.

- Karel Rachunek (RIP): underrated point man on the PP: could hold the puck at the blue line like the best of them, and could direct the puck to the net through billions of players. Defensively, could take a big hit without coughing up the puck.

- Stephane Da Costa: still miffed we let him go even though we really could have used his sill and vision.

stupid part is that he was improving and playing his best hockey in the 5 games prior to being banished. still pisses me off too lol

Reactions: DrEasy

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Magnus Arvedsson
Bruce Gardiner
Sergei Zholtok
Stephane Da Costa

So random :laugh:

Mind you I was only a moderate Sens fan at this point in time and truthfully had no idea he was even a Senator at one point, Im just having a hard time picturing how he made such a big impact on you.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
So random :laugh:

Mind you I was only a moderate Sens fan at this point in time and truthfully had no idea he was even a Senator at one point, Im just having a hard time picturing how he made such a big impact on you.

I have fond memories of Zholtok. I thought he had some slick skills and was going eventually breakout. Ottawa was obviously really bad in those early days. I remember one game in a particular, where Ottawa blew out Montreal, scoring 6 goals and Zholtok had two of them. The game seemed like a benchmark to me, where the team was entering a phase of respectability.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stanislav Neckar
Denny Lambert
Mike Peluso
Dennis Vial
Craig Bellington
Jani Hurme
Shane Hnidy
Igor Kravchuk

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Definitely Neil for me, saw Schaefer mentioned earlier. Also a great pick. #2 for me

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I thought Prusek was going to be our next starter and finally the answer to our goaltending problems lol. Put up some great numbers albeit on some great teams. Sucks he left around when Hasek came in, I feel like Hasek would've been a great mentor

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I have fond memories of Zholtok. I thought he had some slick skills and was going eventually breakout. Ottawa was obviously really bad in those early days. I remember one game in a particular, where Ottawa blew out Montreal, scoring 6 goals and Zholtok had two of them. The game seemed like a benchmark to me, where the team was entering a phase of respectability.

Yeah, the guy had some skill. I mean -- he scored 26 goals for the Habs a couple of years after leaving the Sens.

Good skater, shifty stickhandling, good playmaker, and very smart player -- didn't make stupid selfish plays. I loved the third line that was he and Gardiner and... can't quite remember, but I think it was Van Allen. They'd forecheck and hem teams in on the cycle and generate some chances. Such a contrast to the last 10-ish years when it seems like our bottom six can barely get it out of our own end.

Also -- to me they epitomized how well run the Sens were in those days. A really good 3rd line acquired by giving up virtually no assets. Just good pro scouting.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Adding a couple of players: Methot and DeMelo. I like defensemen who make the right play and don't give me a heart attack when they're on the ice. Both very likeable personalities as well.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Senovision

May 23, 2011
My list:
1.Anton Volchenkov
2.Jarko Ruutu (super pest) He reminded me of Essa Tikkanen who used to play for the Oilers and other teams back in the day ( super pest also).
3.Andrew Hammond
4. Dennis Vial (old time hockey)
5. Chris Neil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad