Who is the Stanley Cup favourite?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't think there is a clear cut favourite this year.
Winnipeg and Nashville in the West. Tampa Bay and Boston in the East. I don't even think any of these 4 are guaranteed to reach the SCF though.

Reactions: Runforthecup

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Luckilly in NHL there is soo much parity, that there are no clear-cut favourites (and it makes it so exciting), but if I had to bet my own money, I'd go with most proven option, and bet on Pittsburgh...

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I hope everyone sleeps on the Kings again.

Kings with Carter in the lineup:

25 GP
16-5-4
79 GF
53 GA
+26

Not a favorite, definitely past ripe, but not cannon fodder either.

No Muzzin or Forbort gonna hurt, sounds like they will be out for awhile.
In essence they put 5 top 4 guys on the ice most nights, a #1 and probably 4 #4 guys, so it has made them thinner in an area that is still their core.

I would be happy for a playoff series win this year, most likely any one of Ducks, Sharks or Knights. Ducks or Sharks if you survive that one, probably so beat to crap, you would not fair well next round.

member 298589

"Connor McDavid" it would whisper, given the context of the thread title and what the Stanley Cup would say if it could talk and you asked it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I hope everyone sleeps on the Kings again.

Kings with Carter in the lineup:

25 GP
16-5-4
79 GF
53 GA
+26

Not a favorite, definitely past ripe, but not cannon fodder either.

As long as they avoid the Preds in the first round, they'll have a decent chance to win the first two rounds like anyone in that Pacific foursome.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
No Muzzin or Forbort gonna hurt, sounds like they will be out for awhile.
In essence they put 5 top 4 guys on the ice most nights, a #1 and probably 4 #4 guys, so it has made them thinner in an area that is still their core.

I would be happy for a playoff series win this year, most likely any one of Ducks, Sharks or Knights. Ducks or Sharks if you survive that one, probably so beat to crap, you would not fair well next round.
Muzzin is practicing but he will be out today and Saturday. Forbort is long term.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m predicting a Nashville vs. Boston cup with Nashville winning.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
I woild have said TB awhile ago, but I'm a Homer. Saying Jets in the west.

Boston/ Toronto in the east.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad