Who is the scariest contender in the West?

Scariest team to face in the West?

• Total voters

allevat

Jan 11, 2018
Yeahhh IDK. It seemed like they fell apart pretty quick when Fleury's unsustainable 960 sv% or whatever in the first three rounds dried up. I think another team will steamroll them next round.

Except they added an entire high-end line, considerably better than the players lost from last year, it's a first line on half the league's teams. So last year isn't a great comparison.

I think they are still vulnerable if their other lines stay cold, one-line teams rarely make it to the finals, but they have three lines that are capable of impressive scoring, just only one has been hot so far.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Vegas. It's kind of ridiculous how deep the team is. They have like 12 forwards who would be on a lot of team's first lines. Solid D core, solid goalie who's been to the pinnacle of the sport several times - seen it all, done it all. Smart coach. Plus all the guys with the experience from last year's run. How do you not pick them?

Reactions: Devonator

lawrence

May 19, 2012
San Jose came in as a strong team. Very strong team, but Vegas is making them look like an AHL team is unreal. not to mention their defence isn't that special.

Reactions: Son of Petter

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Lol ok buddy, yeah they are all brutal. Two norris trophy winners on San Jose's D core and they have a weak defense. Get a clue.

The answer is Vegas they are going to steam roll to the cup final, most complete team hungriest team and highest character team. Mcphee added elite, character players to an already very good team.

You wont see Stone or Pacioretty shooting the **** between whistles with former teamates or countrymen. In Stones afterhours interview after the deal he talked about the first game playing with Pacioretty and watching him celebrate after they scored, he didnt know whether to punch him or hug him. These are true competitors I dont think there are that many guys that truly want to win and actually hate their opposition.

I am glad the hockey world finally gets to see how good Mark Stone is.
Yeah, keep saying San Jose has defense. 261 goals allowed in the regular season and they have no answer for the Pacrofracture line.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
I hope none of those 45 votes for Colorado are Avalanche fans who changed their vote because I think they are my pick right now.

They could do something this year. I question how much of it is the Flames playing beyond garbage hockey though. Like, the Flames have been ridiculously bad this playoffs. I don't think I've ever seen them play this way even when they were rebuilding in 2013ish, and I watch pretty much every game. I'll be tuning in to see how they do against Vegas. Should be interesting.

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
The West is as open as a conference playoffs has been in many years.

Foolish to say anyone is a leader to run away with it.

Any of the 8 teams can make the SCF.

Even the teams with the lowest probability at the moment could make it.

Dallas if Bishop stays the goalie he was in the 2nd half of this year dallas might only allow 1 or 2 goals a game which will win alot of games

Calgary and San Jose are obviously leaky and rattled, but have the offensive force to win some momentum back in game 5 and open up their series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad