Speculation: Who is the NYR player you REALLY want to exceed expectations?

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
Buch is by far my favorite on the team who's a lock to make the roster and I'm assuming that's a requirement. (I obviously love Barron but we'll see if he makes the roster). Plus shutting some of the people up who don't think he's that good would make me smile.

Reactions: aufheben

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Buch is by far my favorite on the team who's a lock to make the roster and I'm assuming that's a requirement. (I obviously love Barron but we'll see if he makes the roster). Plus shutting some of the people up who don't think he's that good would make me smile.

Pretty sure he already shut (on :laugh:) most of them toward the end of last season. Only the thickest still think he's not that good.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Kakko needs to have at least 35 points.

I'm assuming you've accounted for the shortened season? If so I think that's a reasonable expectation or him. Him not having to play in a zillion tournaments prior to the start of the season should propel him towards that total

mti79

May 11, 2007

I would like this because he's my son's favorite player. He's only 4 but he decided that Buch was his favorite so he has a jersey already and keeps asking me when they play hockey

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rooting for Kreider to exceed expectations. He is getting up there in age and still think he hasn’t hit his career potential yet.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I dont expect LAF to be a top 10 all time player, I just hope he can be a HOF player and someone who wins a few of harts/art ross. Kane would be just fine with me.

Who cares, I just sant him to becomes Forsberg 2.0.

BTW, am I the only one who already has developed a total unconditional love affair with him? It doesn’t matter how he does, I’ll root heavily for him no how he does.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I dont expect LAF to be a top 10 all time player, I just hope he can be a HOF player and someone who wins a few of harts/art ross. Kane would be just fine with me.
Just viewpoints. This is NOT a generational player. This, and we all hope and expect this, IS a bonafide franchise cornerstone and a rock star to boot. Kakko, is a cornerstone as well. Just not at this level.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
This is a very good question, @Larrybiv. Tough choice because there’s a good amount of guys I can think of. My initial answer was either K’Andre or Chytil based on our organizational lack of depth at LD and C.

But then I realized that when it comes time to pay them, it’s gonna bite us in the ass. As much as I hate to say it, the most logical choice would be Trouba. If he ends up as a legit 1LD, or possibly even a top 5-10 defenseman in the league if we’re really talking about exceeding expectations, then we will be so set. Because that contract is brutal right now.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
After some debate it was close between Chytil and Kakko but after reading some of main board discussion of him it has to be Kakko. I truly hope he hits it off on that second line and has a monster year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad