Speculation: Who is the NYR player you REALLY want to exceed expectations?

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
There’s so many options.

Chytil. Really need to see something this year or re-evaluate the center depth more seriously. Not expecting him to blow the doors off. Just establish himself more solidly.

Kakko. Not as important but we’d all breath easier seeing a nice step up from him. We’d like him to not have a slow development, like Chytil.

Trouba. I don’t know that he needs to EXCEED expectations but he needs to meet them. I think expectations now are lower for him than they were last year, and I’d say he needs to exceed the new lower bar and show he can be at least a good solid #2.

Strome. People are expecting a regression. Let’s hope he exceeds expectations and stays somewhat on par with last year.

Gauthier. It shouldn’t be terribly hard for him to exceed expectations because I don’t think they’re tremendously high, but it would be great to see him emerge as a legitimate middle six threat.

Then there’s a group who need to meet expectations for us to be in good shape. Bread and Z, Kreids, Fox and ADA, Shesty. Those guys need to come in around where we all expect them to or we’re gonna see a dip.

I'd be happy with 20-25 points from him this year and helping out on special teams. Give me like 10-11, 12-13, 9-12 in that range. Slow progression is fine.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kakko.

After seeing how he dominated on the world stage, literally willing his way around the rink and bullying his way to huge goals - I want to see that in the NHL. It's so great to watch and to have that type of unique talent on my team on a nightly basis would make me so proud.

And really its not about him exceeding expectations either, its about meeting them - which is kinda scary.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Chytil. It's time for him to step up his entire game. Stop sucking on faceoffs. Average about a 40 point pace this season.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Going to go with Lemieux here. He brings something that is a change from most of the forwards. He can influence a game in different ways and can be an effective player.

Reactions: HockeyBasedNYC

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Chytil is a good answer because him exceeding expectations gives the Rangers one of the best 1/2 punches down the middle in the league.

Reactions: Ghost of jas

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Based on how he is viewed here - definitely Chytil. Howden second only because you get better bang for the back from the more talented Czech.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I've had a feeling about Robertson since seeing him in Traverse tourny. He's not flashy or superstar material, but I sense he'll be better than people think he'll be.

i think Robertson can grow into a Beukeboom type. Not sure what Miller is.

Deleted member 23124

i think Robertson can grow into a Beukeboom type. Not sure what Miller is.
Don't think he's that physical....that's my only concern -- that fans will look at this size and expect him to be the second coming of Chara.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Don't think he's that physical....that's my only concern -- that fans will look at this size and expect him to be the second coming of Chara.

Robertson has huge shoulders like Beuk. I see him filling out. No, he’s not as physical.

Chara towers over Robertson and is sooo unique.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I've had a feeling about Robertson since seeing him in Traverse tourny. He's not flashy or superstar material, but I sense he'll be better than people think he'll be.
From what I saw at Traverse, he's almost Fox-like with efficient plays and decisions. Intelligent with the puck. Positioning. Good offensive instincts.

Last edited:
Reactions: zephyr

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I expect Laf to become a 30-50 player ... so I would love it if he became a 40-50 or 35-55 player.

Otherwise, I think KK will become a 30-30 player, so I would love it if he became a PPG player.

Reactions: yada

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad