Speculation: Who is the NYR player you REALLY want to exceed expectations?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If we assume ALL Rangers have a season in which we "expected" from them, who is the ONE player, that you wish to EXCEED expectations. For personal reasons (you just really like that particular player) or solely for TEAM oriented reasons (in which you feel if he does particularly well, the Rangers will.

Oh okay, lets leave Shesty and Georgiev OUT of this, because those 2 would be semi-obvious answers, unless YOU love 1 of them far more than any other answer, and not chosen solely for TEAM success.

My answer is Filip Chytil. With much of the attention going to many other players, he surely will be flying under the radar. He's a good kid, and lets not forget that he is already playing in his 3rd season, in which it could be quite the breakout year for him at the ripe old age of 21. Would LOVE to see him score at least his age. That would be outstanding in just a 56 game schedule.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Well so my answer to the question has to take into consideration the existing expectations for each player. For guys like Kakko, Laf, Fox, Shesty, expectations are sky high.

So the obvious answer is Chytil- hes had an up and down start in the NHL, but like Lindgren, we really need at least one of 3 major prospects at his position to pan out. Just like Rykov and Hajek have busted while Lindgren succeeded, we need Chytil to make up for the disappointments we have had in Howden and Andersson.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Alexis Lafreniere. Let him come in and set the league on fire. I expect a 19 year old finding his way. All NYR hockey fans would go crazy for our own Crosby, Kane, whoever you think an unrealistic expectation for him to match as a rookie. Hockey Gods let Alexis be that guy.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Chytil
Gauthier
Lemieux

Alexis Lafreniere. Let him come in and set the league on fire. I expect a 19 year old finding his way. All NYR hockey fans would go crazy for our own Crosby, Kane, whoever you think an unrealistic expectation for him to match as a rookie. Hockey Gods let Alexis be that guy.

Tony DeAngelo. Undisputed elite offensive defenseman on the level of Erik Karlsson

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Chytil .....would make trading Zibs a lot easier when that time comes followed by Gauthier and Barron ....damn that would be awesome .

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Chytil. If he turns into a 60 point player we are golden with this team (and then dont have to trade for a 2nd line center and give up a young asset)

Reactions: NYSPORTS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad