Who is the most athletic player in the NHL?

Xavier Laflamme*

Watching is crossfit training... I've seen tons of ppl doing that. I can do most of the thing he did.

Jump Box 57 inches? Not even close.

Push sled 1150 pounds? not even close.

And there's a ton of people out there, including many in the NHL that can do what Patches was doing in his videos...one video doesn't simply make a guy the most athletic...

A guy like Paul Martin, who had many division 1 scholarships to play WR in college football is probably more of an athlete then both of them.

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Kreider and Pacioretty.

I think Kreider gets the edge because of his speed. That's a bigger deal than an extra couple inches on a box jump, especially since Kreider is listed as being 10 lbs heavier.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Rielly had a higher vertical in 2013 when he was 19

lol... Uneducated on the subject dude.

Standing jumpbox world record is 59 inches...

Vertical leap while running, and standing jump box, two very very different thing. Its like comparing a hockey goaler to a shooting guard.

57' jump box is extremely hard and I doubt that "many" NHLer can do it like someone else said earlier.

Its all cool that he can jump while running and clearing with his feet like that, it take flexibility, not much about power tho. Vertical leap can be measured when u jump while running with leg straight. There is a dozen+ of basketball player who have a 40+ vertical leap jump.

MilanKraft*

Subban isn't even the greatest athlete on his team.

Jump box guiness record is 59.8 inches. Pacioretty cleared a 57".

He could sled push 1135lbs.

Subban doesn't come close to that.

Let's see him do 40" true vertical...

No chance..

MilanKraft*

Hockey players are unathletic that's why play hockey.
Otherwise they'd do football/basketball/track.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Sedin twins are some of the most disciplined athletes around. Always in the best shape coming to camp and have insane endurance in training drills.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
University Of Arkansas defensive end Trey Flowers (6'3" 270) recently did a 55" box jump with ease. YouTube it. There are a lot of ridiculous athletes in all sports.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Kreider and Pacioretty.

I think Kreider gets the edge because of his speed. That's a bigger deal than an extra couple inches on a box jump, especially since Kreider is listed as being 10 lbs heavier.

I agree with you but Pacioretty is our fastest skater. Would be interesting to see a race between those 2. I would actually give Patches the advantage because his athleticism helps him never get injured. Habs fans call him Wolverine for a reason. The guy is a freak of nature.
Plus he's the better hockey player so he uses his athleticism to his advantage better than Kreider.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
I agree with you but Pacioretty is our fastest skater. Would be interesting to see a race between those 2. I would actually give Patches the advantage because his athleticism helps him never get injured. Habs fans call him Wolverine for a reason. The guy is a freak of nature.

Dude I'm sorry but kreider would win that race and it wouldn't be that close. Overall patches is a better player than kreider right now though

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Dude I'm sorry but kreider would win that race and it wouldn't be that close. Overall patches is a better player than kreider right now though

It wouldn't be close? LOL
Beats the entire Detroit team with his speed.

Both guys are among the elite when it comes to accelaration and pure speed. It would be a heck of a race.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad