Who is the most athletic player in the NHL?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
These threads always devolve into "whose abs are most visible" instead of actual discussion on athleticism.

Higgins-has-crazy-abs.jpg

*waits for thepuckmonster to appear out of nowhere*

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
in b4 picture of Marty St. Louis' legs

For serious though, Chris Kreider can freaking move for a big man. You can tell pretty easily that he was the kid who dominated every track and field event.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Max Pacioretty imo.

This dude can dunk, he skates fast, super well trained.

Thats my pick.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Athletic does not mean ripped.

Tarasenko is athletic. Ovechkin used to be the most athletic.

darkbrew*

letang is up there. everyone knows hes all tools no toolbox when hes not playing well

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Phil Kessel is actually an athletic freak. Just because his face is chubby does not mean otherwise.

Historically I would say that both Mario and Gretzky were freaks. Wayne's endurance and recovery abilities were what stood out, I believe reading that his numbers were off the charts during the Oiler's test days.

EDIT: Yeah, Kris Letang is a freak and may be the best answer.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I remember being impressed with Subban at the end of their playoff run last year. When you could just see how exhausted everyone on the ice was, he'd find these crazy spurts of energy.

BXA

#53 Bo Horvat
May 11, 2014
Vancouver Island
Phil Kessel is actually an athletic freak. Just because his face is chubby does not mean otherwise.

Historically I would say that both Mario and Gretzky were freaks. Wayne's endurance and recovery abilities were what stood out, I believe reading that his numbers were off the charts during the Oiler's test days.

EDIT: Yeah, Kris Letang is a freak and may be the best answer.
Mario smoked like a chimney dude, I wouldn't consider him as the most athletic because of this

El Nino 22

May 3, 2014
Minnesota
Mario smoked like a chimney dude, I wouldn't consider him as the most athletic because of this

He had natural athleticism. His training habits were terrible even for his era but he still dominated. That isn't me giving him credit for smoking.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think most of the people in this thread know what athletic means. Flexible goalies don't really count.

Honestly it's probably PK. Explosive as hell.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Subban isn't even the greatest athlete on his team.

Jump box guiness record is 59.8 inches. Pacioretty cleared a 57".

He could sled push 1135lbs.

Subban doesn't come close to that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad