Who is the most athletic player in the NHL?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Still think it's Ovechkin. To be 230 lbs and that explosive is amazing.

Speed+strength+skill+size he's tough to beat.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
He Leads iCorsi/60 (5v5, close).
:)
[source]

2qukvpt.jpg

I see what you did there.

Oh god, I'm sad for you.

Fergus

Feb 16, 2014
I don't think most of the people in this thread know what athletic means. Flexible goalies don't really count.

Honestly it's probably PK. Explosive as hell.

It's combination of speed, strength, endurance and agility. Is the answer still Subban?

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
First name that came to mind was Chara. I've never seen a guy of his stature play with the skills he has.

Chara never struck me as the naturally athletic type, he was a really awkward skater his first few years in the league. He's more of a gym rat who had to really work to get to where he was.

I tend to think of the more naturally athletic types, for example I've heard stories of Gordie Howe taking batting practice with the Tigers back in the day. Guys who are just inherently athletic and could've been successful at a number of things. Ovechkin is another one, if he really trains as little as some make it out to be on here, he must be one of the most naturally gifted players in history. Because I don't know how anyone could score 50 goals in this league without being one hell of an athlete.

Maybe just a difference in how we define athleticism though.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Probably Ovechkin, guy is built like a ****ing rock and has the athletic genes.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Alex Ovechkin set records at the NHL combine, and he didn't even need to do the combine, as he was a consensus number 1 overall pick.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Alex Ovechkin set records at the NHL combine, and he didn't even need to do the combine, as he was a consensus number 1 overall pick.

This thread isn't using past tense and I'm pretty sure there were at least a few GMs who would've taken Malkin with that pick.

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
This thread isn't using past tense and I'm pretty sure there were at least a few GMs who would've taken Malkin with that pick.

If Ovechkin had arguably the best draft combine showing ever, I highly doubt his fitness had declined to the point where he can't be considered one of the fittest, if not the fittest player in the NHL. Also, nobody was taking Malkin, it was 100% Ovechkin at that draft...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad