Who is the hardest hitter in NHL history?

HABSMANIA21*

patrick mielke( i think thats how you spell it) he could be one of a great ones in the future.

HABSMANIA21*

Scott Stevens...but dont ask me ask Eric Lindros, Paul Kariya,Sammy Kapponen,Ron Francis.........

or you could ask me ive got nailed by patrick mielke. i know what your saying right now...OUCH. AND YOUR SAYING WHOSE PATRICK MIELKE I DONT EVEN REMEMBER HE HIT ME SO HARD.
WHEN I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL THE DOCTOR THOUGHT I WAS HIT BY A FREIGHT TRAIN. :yo::yo::yo:

TRUE STOREY

FutureGM97

Jun 21, 2007
Derian Hatcher isnt too shabby of a hitter. Denis Gauthier and Dion Phaneuf will certainly be up there by the time their careers end as big hitters

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Of anyone I have ever seen, Scott Stevens far and away. No one else even comes close. McLaren, Steve Smith, Hatcher (when he keeps the elbow down), Kaspar, Marchment, those guys were freight trains as well.

I wish I could have seen some of the old guys people have mentioned...

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Forsberg is a great hitter AND he controls the puck while doing it! Never saw anyone else able to do that!

Tim Horton would have to be next on my list, then Vladimir Konstantinov.

Stevens is a dirty hitter, therefore I won't put him on any list I make. Only people who can actually HIT a player within the rules should count.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I'll go with Lindros in his prime. HARD hits. There's a bunch on Youtube. I was on the glass in San Jose for one of them and he spilled a drink on me. I think Stevens was a better hitter, but not necessarily harder.

I would consider Larry Robinson in there, but his game became passive in the 80s.

nerdman60

Jun 28, 2007
Vancouver, BC
I'll go with Lindros in his prime. HARD hits. There's a bunch on Youtube. I was on the glass in San Jose for one of them and he spilled a drink on me. I think Stevens was a better hitter, but not necessarily harder.

I would consider Larry Robinson in there, but his game became passive in the 80s.

i agree, Lindros in his prime

ATrain24

Apr 25, 2007
Ottawa
Patrick Kaleta hits hard but probably not the best ever

KALETA, let's keep this as an nhl discussion...his name cant be considered for this...and after he got dummied by philipps in his attempt to a fight....and after he got leveled by NEIL and did nothing later on in that game...please let's not mention anymore AHL call ups.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I've read quite a few novels on old time hockey and a name that comes up A LOT is Sprague Cleghorn.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Not really. Early career he simply would not back down. He would take hits to give them, the fifty fifty kind that most skill players are supposed to avoid. Think Wendel Clark in this regard.

Oh come on... You can't seriously think Forsberg is anywhere close to a Stevens or Lindros in the hitting department. Anyway, those are the top two of the last 20 years or so. 1) Stevens 2) Lindros

Yes, he didn't back down. What does that have to do with hitting ability?

Forsberg is a great hitter AND he controls the puck while doing it! Never saw anyone else able to do that!

Stevens is a dirty hitter, therefore I won't put him on any list I make. Only people who can actually HIT a player within the rules should count.

:biglaugh:

DayWalk3r

YouTube Guru
Sep 13, 2005
Northern Hemisphere

I agree.
This is a little example of it, and it wasnt even during his prime-time glory days.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6xijOdiJk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad