Speculation: Who is the Flames' Next Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
giphy.gif

Oh, and link to said tweet:

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Dreger now confirming as well; don't know how to put tweets into my posts though :huh:

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

Kind of funny that in one year Hartley goes from winning the Jack Adams to no longer even being in the NHL.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I remember when I was called an idiot (granted, by Leafs and Ducks fans) for saying that the Flames wouldn't hire Randy Carlyle to be the next Flames coach. Feels good being vindicated.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Not really. If Anaheim didn't hire him, he would still be in the running.

I don't get the sense that he was going to get the job here. Sounds like he's been on Tre's list for a while and he was just never hired so I'm going to thank BT for not hiring and leaving him for the ducks.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I don't get the sense that he was going to get the job here. Sounds like he's been on Tre's list for a while and he was just never hired so I'm going to thank BT for not hiring and leaving him for the ducks.

Regardless, it went from something chance to 0% chance. It's a win.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm not happy or sad about not hiring Carlyle. He would probably would have been at least as good as Hartley (I think he would have been better) and he would be different, but would it have been the right kind of different? Carlyle is not a bad coach, he coached a bad team and they quit on him because the organization was a complete joke. But he did a good job with what he had.

It's kind of the same about Yao. I don't know if he's good or bad coach, but I doubt many here know the answer to that. We get very limited Minny news around these parts, but it seems like he is regarded quite well by his peers. Minny never lit the world on fire, but their roster isn't anything special either. Like Volica said, I trust Treliving. He's intelligent, he's hard working, he's sticking to his process and no matter who he hires, I trust it's the right guy.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That, honestly, is a huge sigh of a relief.
I really, really didn't want Carlyle. He's an okay coach, but not what this team needed. Anaheim will likely be a monster out West anyways.

Cannot wait to find out who the new guys is. By BT's interview yesterday, looks like they're just getting the contract done.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Would be okay with any of those guys but really happy with Dineen or Reirden.

This new Flames brass has got some mighty balls to them.
None of those guys have a lot of NHL coaching experience; I really hope it works out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad