Who is the 11th best centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh was I one of those people? Quote where I was upset/outraged in that thread.

I'll give you some help: I didn't post about that. Nor did I care.
I never said you did specifically. However here is a link to the thread where others could not believe Matthews was ranked so high.

Also it turns out I was wrong they ranked him #10 and not #8. So Matthews was ranked in the same spot according to TSN and those on HF.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tsn-top-50-players.2391543/

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I never said you did specifically. However here is a link to the thread where others could not believe Matthews was ranked so high.

Also it turns out I was wrong they ranked him #10 and not #8. So Matthews was ranked in the same spot according to TSN and those on HF.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tsn-top-50-players.2391543/
You mean according to Leafs fans on HF

He's definitely not a top-10 PLAYER (that includes wingers, Dmen, and goalies). I think even you would admit that much.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You mean according to Leafs fans on HF

He's definitely not a top-10 PLAYER (that includes wingers, Dmen, and goalies). I think even you would admit that much.
I disagree because how can you not rank him in the top 10 coming off a historic rookie season where he broke Leafs records and NHL records among American born players.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
I disagree because how can you not rank him in the top 10 coming off a historic rookie season where he broke Leafs records and NHL records among American born players.
God who cares. This is so dumb. Matthews is 41st in pts/gp this season. If he's a top-10 player then I don't even know what to say. That's quite some delusion you've got going there.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Scoring 40 goals, being only the third 1st overall pick since 1997 to lead his team into the playoffs in his Draft +1 season and breaking Leafs records is not historic, we must have a different opinion because it clearly was.

Not it wasn't because as usual with Matthews you focus on such small details.

Overall there have been multiple rookies that have had more impressive rookie seasons.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
At least Matthews earned it if you want to go by TSN's ranking him #10.

Did Connor McDavid deserve to be ranked #37 before he even played an NHL game?

That was probably a little low for McDavid and no Matthews did not earn that ranking at all.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
That was probably a little low for McDavid and no Matthews did not earn that ranking at all.
So you basically just admitted it was ok for McDavid to be ranked where he was and should have been higher before playing 1 NHL game, however it's not for Matthews despite playing 82 regular season games and 6 games in the playoffs. Let's remember this when others say there is no bias on here against the Maple Leafs and their players.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So you basically just admitted it was ok for McDavid to be ranked where he was and should have been higher before playing 1 NHL game, however it's not for Matthews despite playing 82 regular season games and 6 games in the playoffs. Let's remember this when others say there is no bias on here against the Maple Leafs and their players.

No I admitted the list should be based on talent not on who you play for.

McDavid was a generational talent coming into the league and then just proved that 37 was too low for him.

Matthews has been in the league for 1.5 seasons now and at no point has he ever been a top 10 player.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No I admitted the list should be based on talent not on who you play for.

McDavid was a generational talent coming into the league and then just proved that 37 was too low for him.

Matthews has been in the league for 1.5 seasons now and at no point has he ever been a top 10 player.
I'm sorry no matter how great Connor McDavid was before coming to the NHL he should not be on a top 50 list before playing a single NHL game. You didn't see them doing that for Jack Eichel.

Can you imagine if the Leafs had drafted McDavid and TSN still put him on their list before playing an NHL game, everyone on here would have a meltdown and say the typical Toronto Sports Network comments.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I'm sorry no matter how great Connor McDavid was before coming to the NHL he should not be on a top 50 list before playing a single NHL game. You didn't see them doing that for Jack Eichel.

Can you imagine if the Leafs had drafted McDavid and TSN still put him on their list before playing an NHL game, everyone on here would have a meltdown and say the typical Toronto Sports Network comments.

They didn't do it for Eichel because he isn't as close to good as McDavid.

And TSN did something even worse by putting Matthews way higher than he deserved, at least with McDavid it was shown that the 37 ranking was way too low.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
They didn't do it for Eichel because he isn't as close to good as McDavid.

And TSN did something even worse by putting Matthews way higher than he deserved, at least with McDavid it was shown that the 37 ranking was way too low.
The major difference is Matthews was ranked based on what he did and what he was projected to do. Even if you don't agree in the end McDavid still made the list before doing anything in the NHL.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The major difference is Matthews was ranked based on what he did and what he was projected to do. Even if you don't agree in the end McDavid still made the list before doing anything in the NHL.

No Matthews wasn't ranked based on what he did or was projected to do. If he was he wouldn't have been close to top 10.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
No Matthews wasn't ranked based on what he did or was projected to do. If he was he wouldn't have been close to top 10.
TSN Has said every year for this list they base it on the players previous season and what they are projected to do in the upcoming season. Connor McDavid being a rookie had no previous NHL season to judge him on and you can not use the OHL as his reference gong into his rookie season.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
This is like the worst possible argument you could make that there's an anti-Leafs bias on HFBoards. It's actually sad to watch. And it's in a poll where Matthews isn't even an option anymore.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
TSN Has said every year for this list they base it on the players previous season and what they are projected to do in the upcoming season. Connor McDavid being a rookie had no previous NHL season to judge him on and you can not use the OHL as his reference gong into his rookie season.

Well in McDavids case they ranked him too low, so I don't see how you can complain that he was ranked where he was.

In Matthews case he was ranked way too high.

Its pretty clear which one is worse and it wasn't McDavid.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well in McDavids case they ranked him too low, so I don't see how you can complain that he was ranked where he was.

In Matthews case he was ranked way too high.

Its pretty clear which one is worse and it wasn't McDavid.
McDavid should not have been ranked at all, that's the point I'm trying to make.

I will ask again if the Leafs had drafted McDavid and TSN still put him on their top 50 list before playing a single NHL game, you don't think there would fans of other teams complaining about that and their usual TSN = Toronto Sports Network comments.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
McDavid should not have been ranked at all, that's the point I'm trying to make.

I will ask again if the Leafs had drafted McDavid and TSN still put him on their top 50 list before playing a single NHL game, you don't think there would fans of other teams complaining about that and their usual TSN = Toronto Sports Network comments.

Whether fans would have complained or not doesn't matter. And they would be right if they did because TSN is Toronto Sports Network regardless if they rank McDavid or not in your hypothetical scenario.

McDavid was better than the 37th player so the only problem with them ranking him there was it was too low.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Whether fans would have complained or not doesn't matter. And they would be right if they did because TSN is Toronto Sports Network regardless if they rank McDavid or not in your hypothetical scenario.

McDavid was better than the 37th player so the only problem with them ranking him there was it was too low.
But it's ok for them to rank McDavid #37 because he played in Edmonton and it would have been wrong had he played in Toronto? Got it once again the Leafs bias of HF is shown with your reply.

In the end no matter who McDavid was drafted by he should not have made the list before his rookie season.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
But it's ok for them to rank McDavid #37 because he played in Edmonton and it would have been wrong had he played in Toronto? Got it once again the Leafs bias of HF is shown with your reply.

In the end no matter McDavid was drafted by he should not have made the list before his rookie season.

What I never said that.

It would have been fine for them to rank him no matter what team he played for.

I said TSN would be a joke and the Toronto Sports Network whether they ranked a hypothetical Maple Leaf McDavid or not.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Getzlaf being behind Matthews is ridiculous. Especially when you see 60 Leafs fans voting for Matthews and like 10 ducks fans voting for Getzlaf.

Matthews has 43 more goals than getzlaf over the last year and a half.
"ridiculous". lol no. Keep racking up those PP assists getz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad