Who is the 11th Best Centre?

Who is the 11th best centre?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Matthews was losing by a fair bit until a Leafs fan posted a link to the poll on the Leafs boards.

I’d put money on if only neutral fans could vote that Getzlaf would be voted as the better player.

There is apparently a getzlaf and matthews poll currently going on. Matthews is holding his own...i believe he is slightly ahead.

Maybe matthews is just better that getzlaf....

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Matthews was losing by a fair bit until a Leafs fan posted a link to the poll on the Leafs boards.

I’d put money on if only neutral fans could vote that Getzlaf would be voted as the better player.

Are people really ignorant that it doesn't go both ways? Leafs are the most polarizing franchise on these boards, by a fair amount. There is no "neutral fan" vote with the Leafs.

Remove all Leaf fans, and you'd have to remove the masses of Leaf detractors, which probably overwhelm any fan vote.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Wtf is the point you're trying to make? Spit it out
i already did quite clearly, genius. You have no problem with MacKinnon getting an undeserving spot over Getzlaf because you're an Avs homer and it's hilarious to see you blame Leafs fans for Getzlaf not being in the top 10

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
i already did quite clearly, genius. You have no problem with MacKinnon getting an undeserving spot over Getzlaf because you're an Avs homer and it's hilarious to see you blame Leafs fans for Getzlaf not being in the top 10
I had nothing to do with MacKinnon getting voted in to that spot and you know it. What does that have to do with me thinking Getzlaf is a better player than Matthews? It couldn't be because I.... gasp... think Getzlaf is a little better... could it? You're making a huge, insulting leap there. And it's obviously because of the things I said in the last thread. Pathetic.

"Can't lose with Matthews" lol yeah ya can. Swept by the Avs.

Reactions: Master P

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

From what I remember on the previous question Matthews had taken the lead over Getzlaf by a small margin. So it wasn't all the Leafs fans who voted later on after seeing the link on their board, if anything they just put Matthews over the top.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

But MacKinnon doesn't have an undeserving spot, Matthews does.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I realize no one predicting MacKinnon playing like he is going into the season, however if you asked anyone to choose between Matthews and MacKinnon during the summer months, even non Leafs fans would have said Matthews. All of the sudden a great few months of play from MacKinnon means he is better than Matthews, yeah right.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If you base it so far on their whole careers up until this point, Matthews should be ahead of MacKinnon.

Not really.

Matthews doesn't have a season that is equivalent to MacKinnon putting up 61 points in 49 games.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Not really.

Matthews doesn't have a season that is equivalent to MacKinnon putting up 61 points in 49 games.

Based on their careers MacKinnon in an absolute walk. Much better.
Matthews scoring 40 goals in his rookie season and the first rookie other than Ovechkin to get at least 40 goals put anything MacKinnon has done to shame.

I'm not saying that what MacKinnon is doing this season is bad, I just think it's also a fluke because no one predicting it based on how bad him and the Avalanche was last season.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Matthews scoring 40 goals in his rookie season and the first rookie other than Ovechkin to get at least 40 goals put anything MacKinnon has done to shame.

I'm not saying that what MacKinnon is doing this season is bad, I just think it's also a fluke because no one predicting it based on how bad him and the Avalanche was last season.

Says who? You?

MacKinnon was playing at a Hart level. With all due respect, man, that is a greater accomplishment.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
In the end MacKinnon still finished ahead of Matthews in these non scientific polls so in the end who cares?

I can't believe anyone was so offended by Matthews being listed as the #4 Centre on NHL.com and the #8 on TSN's top 50 list that they need to tear him down. So in some ways I think this is part of the reasoning to rank him lower down.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
In the end MacKinnon still finished ahead of Matthews in these non scientific polls so in the end who cares?

I can't believe anyone was so offended by Matthews being listed as the #4 Centre on NHL.com and the #8 on TSN's top 50 list that they need to tear him down. So in some ways I think this is part of the reasoning to rank him lower down.
I put about zero weight on NHL.com and TSN rankings LOL. I don't even like Getzlaf and very much so dislike the Ducks. I have no reason to pump them up. I mostly just like being correct about reality n' stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't even like Getzlaf and very much so dislike the Ducks. I have no reason to pump them up. I mostly just like being correct about reality n' stuff.
You don't remember the outrage by others when TSN's top 50 list was announced. Non Leafs fans were upset at how high Matthews was ranked, yet no one complained when they ranked McDavid #37 prior to him even playing a game.

Last edited by a moderator:

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
You don't remember the outrage by others when TSN's top 50 list was announced. Non Leafs fans were upset at how high Matthews was ranked, yet no one complained when they ranked McDavid #37 prior to him even playing a game.
Oh was I one of those people? Quote where I was upset/outraged in that thread.

I'll give you some help: I didn't post about that. Nor did I care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad