Who in your opinion deserves a WWE hall of fame induction?

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
So I just got done watching a video from WhatCulture on Youtube about who in their opinion needs to be inducted this year at Wrestlemania. There were some picks I whole heartedly agreed with like Vader, Chyna, and British Bulldog and some I was pretty meh on like Kevin Sullivan and The Rock. I'm not big on Sullivan and I personally feel its too soon to make The Rock a hall off famer since I feel he may have more than a few more matches left in him regardless of the fact Wrestlemania is in his home state this year.

Aside from the obvious ones I mentioned above who do you think deserves to be inducted?

Since my specialty is on women's wrestling One of the names I came up with was Bull Nakano. She had a style all her own with good runs in both WWF and WCW where she held both promotion women's titles. Her feuds with Alundra Blayze aka Madusa were pretty memorable and set a benchmark.

Another wrestler I'd love to see is Jacques Rougeau aka the Mountie. I know some people are against gimmick wrestlers, jobbers, and certain mid carders going in the HoF, but say what you want, he had good ring skill, could work a crowd well, and was certainly memorable.

On the guys who never wrestled in the WWF/E, but had a huge impact in wrestling front where the hell is El Santo? Or Blue Demon for that matter? With Mil Mascaras in these two should be a lock for the HoF as they represent the big three foundation of lucha libre.

Finally one big one I'd love to see in the HoF is Owen Hart. I understand all the complications going on regarding his selection, but in a perfect world there is no doubt he deserves to be in there.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Rick Martel is a huge omission at this point. AWA champ (when that meant something), tag champ many times, great babyface, great heel, terrific wrestler.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Also the Midnight Express but there isn't a chance in hell they are letting Jim Cornette anywhere near a live microphone.

Demolition should be in, but lawsuits and all....

I wouldn't be shocked to see Daniel Bryan as one of the people this year. Maybe hold that over to next year since it's New Orleans.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The obvious ones off the top of my head: Vince McMahon, The Rock, Rick Rude (though I read he will be inducted this year), Demolition, British Bull Dog, Bruiser Brody (despite most of his work outside of WWE), Honky Tonk Man, Vader

Some "fillers" or outside the box candidates...
- Sid: Former champion and seems in good graces with the WWE now
- King Kong Bundy: Headlined a WrestleMania and was a star in the 80s, but seems to have heat with WWE
- Paul Heyman: As a manager and promoter? He is in good graces again
- Steiner Brothers: Probably deserve it but Scott is too much of a hot-head and wasn't he banned a few years back? :laugh:
- Brian Pillman: Made his name outside the WWE and died due to drugs which will make WWE reluctant to put him in
- Teddy Long: Long time employee, fairly memorable ref/GM, again just a filler candidate

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I lose track of who is in these days. I was going to say Jimmy Hart but I see he's been in a while. I can't really think of many not named yet!

There are a few who were big in their pre-WWF days and then did a lot in WWF, though, One Man Gang comes to mind. Not like he's a no-brainer BUT if some of the others are already in then he should be as well. Probably some others from the same era of Mid-South who made jumps in the '80s. And OMG surprisingly worked well into the 90s in ECW, he kept going.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The problem is the WWE hall of fame is a fake hall. Inductions are based more on company needs than actual merit. The whims of Vince are probably the biggest factor for any given case. And that's when you ignore all the guys they'll not touch for whatever PR reasons apply, of which there are lot due to the mass death of works from the 80s. And you bar guys due to legal action and what not.

It's a very self serving venture, which makes it meaningless if you are to count it as a 'honour'.

For an actual hall of fame, the Observer one is way better. It's a more general wrestling one, guys form all over the world are in, so the bar it set much higher in quality.

But it would be interesting to put some kind of 'true' WWE hall of fame together.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But it would be interesting to put some kind of 'true' WWE hall of fame together.

Wasn't that a demand of Bruno Sammartino? He only wanted to be part of a physical hall of fame?

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
Owen Hart
British Bulldog
Vader
Chyna
Rick rude
Ddp
Christian ( imo most underrated superstar of all time )
Daniel bryan
Cm punk ( eventually )

Still part time wrestling

The rock
Kurt angle
Rey mysterio
Goldberg

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I was reading the UK(and Republic of Ireland) tourney thread and I immediately thought of someone else who should be inducted...

Lord Alfred Hayes. The man was classic on commentary and you can't picture any of the early classic wrestlemania's without hearing his voice. This year would be perfect to induct him given the tournament and massive influx of stars from the Isles.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
will they place a blue dot over Christian's face during his speech?

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Vader
Owen Hart
Rick Rude
The Steiner Bros (The best tag team of all time imo, but most likely won't due to Scott Steiner's hatred of Triple H)
Demolition
British Bulldogs
Hart Foundation
Brian Pillman
Rick Martel
Barry Windham
Sid Vicious
Butch Reed
RVD
Chyna
Luna Vachon
Bobby Eaton (WCW wrestler but one of the most underrated workers of his era)
Dick Murdoch (On both wrestling talent and ring psychology...absolutely. But probably won't due to his alleged KKK ties)
Jack Tunney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad