Who has more value: Dougie Hamilton, or Mitch Marner?

Who has more value?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I think Boston would've demanded an arm and a leg from the Leafs, being in the same division and all.

Burke just should've never traded that pick to begin with.

Edit: Whoops, you're an Edmonton fan. Yeah, you guys could've easily beaten Calgary's offer if you tried.
There was definitely a grudge against Chiarelli I think. Apparently the Bruins wanted a totally different package from the Oilers according to Chia.

The world would be a much better place had the Oilers gotten Hamilton instead of Reinhart...

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
There was definitely a grudge against Chiarelli I think. Apparently the Bruins wanted a totally different package from the Oilers according to Chia.

The world would be a much better place had the Oilers gotten Hamilton instead of Reinhart...

Ah yes, forgot Chia was on Edmonton at that point. In that case, Boston's front office probably didn't think of Edmonton much differently than a divisional rival like Toronto, and likely even enjoyed spiting Chia like that by trading Dougie to Calgary.

Imagine if the Oilers just kept that 1st rounder they traded for Reinhart...

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
In the entire history of the Calgary Flames, they have never had a teenager do what Marner did last year.
He obviously does not watch him , he ripped the OHL like Mcdavid did has elite skill level and his ceiling is higher then Gaudreau who took 5 years past draft to establish himself as a NHL player. I stated before Draft that Marner will be 2nd best producer from 15 draft and his peak years will be better than Eichel and I still stand by this.

Reactions: DriveFor9th

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
He obviously does not watch him , he ripped the OHL like Mcdavid did has elite skill level and his ceiling is higher then Gaudreau who took 5 years past draft to establish himself as a NHL player. I stated before Draft that Marner will be 2nd best producer from 15 draft and his peak years will be better than Eichel and I still stand by this.
I agree, I go to prob 3+ jr games a week split between London/Kitchener/Guelph and occasionally Sudbury. Have done so for years since prob 05. So seeing players over the years its easy to spot a special player and Marner fit that bill.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Close enough to call even.

Personally, I'd take the d-man, but I'm not 100% it'd be the right call.

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
6’5” top pairing RHD or a potentially top line winger? Easy answer.

More like:

Overrated 6'5 mid pairing defenseman that can slot into the top pairing if paired with Gio or a first line winger with game breaking abilities who can carry his own line.

Clear as day.

And gosh, are young defencemen vastly overrated on these forums.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
More like:

Overrated 6'5 mid pairing defenseman that can slot into the top pairing if paired with Gio or a first line winger with game breaking abilities who can carry his own line.

Clear as day.

Since Marner has been compared to Patrick Kane and with his ability to take over a game proves he has a lot of value.

Reactions: PinkFly

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
More like:

Clear as day.

Yeah, my response was totally worth bumping a five month old thread.

Reactions: kanetoews1988

PinkFly

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, my response was totally worth bumping a five month old thread.

Well I responded to your post because : 1. It was extremely misinformed with minimal research and thought put into it. 2. It was the last post in the thread.

I bumped this thread because I feel like there's relevant discussion still to be had on the following topic. It had literally nothing to do with you.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
It's a question I really don't understand. "Who has more value?" Trading value, Marner has have more due to his longer term under team control. Immediate playing value, debatable . Marner could be the be the Leafs second best forward on team the is 8th overall in the NHL. The Leafs are 12th in GAA, so the argument that are "desperate" need of a good Dman isn't true. Leafs are 9th in scoring, 5th in PP %, Does Hamilton really help the Leafs that much? Hamilton, yep the he's the best dman on an out of the playoff team.
A guess trading value also depends on what a team really needs. Calgary sure needs Marner a lot more than the Leafs need Hamilton.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Me too Hamilton.

I dont understand the sarcastic comments.
I never get this kind of thing. This guy actually thought to himself "Hey remember that 5 month old Marner vs Hamilton poll? I'm going to go bump that to really show all the people that disagreed with me"

The worst part is even now it doesn't seem drastically tilted to one side. Marner may have more value but it's not by an enormous amount and the last 2 years it's been teetering to who ever is playing well.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I’d say it’s pretty even. Dougie could put up 60 points next year if he spends the whole season on PP1. Marner is a stud W. Anyone saying AINEC on either side are crazy.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Well I responded to your post because : 1. It was extremely misinformed with minimal research and thought put into it. 2. It was the last post in the thread.

I bumped this thread because I feel like there's relevant discussion still to be had on the following topic. It had literally nothing to do with you.

Interestingly, I stand by my position. I have no horse in the race, either, unlike you, who clearly have a pro-Leafs agenda.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

Calling Hamilton a 6’5 top pairing defenseman is true. He is literally that. Who’s misinformed?

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
I’d say it’s pretty even. Dougie could put up 60 points next year if he spends the whole season on PP1. Marner is a stud W. Anyone saying AINEC on either side are crazy.

Agreed. These guys are both stars and couldn't be much closer in value IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad