Who gets sold? (Requires a buyer)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2021 picks? No, hell no. 2022
2021 is as bad if not worse than the Sedin draft.

Wow? You know the development on how good 16 year olds will be when they are 17/18 in 2021? What makes you think this? I'm curious.

Regardless, I'm open to both 2021 or 2022. I'd even take a 2020 but the point is to be more diverse. Habs project to have a pick from 8-12 range and two around 40 ish.

I'm open to various options

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ill tell you who will go:

Maybe Thompson and Weal

Ill tell you who needs to go:

Petry
Kovalchuk
Tatar
Thompson
Weal
Scandella
Cousins
Gallagher
Danault
Armia
Chiarot

f***ing mediocre players that won't ever take us anywhere, and yeah, I even included Gallagher in there. Its time to move away from him and not commit Price 2.0 (And no, he's not mediocre.)

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Wow? You know the development on how good 16 year olds will be when they are 17/18 in 2021? What makes you think this? I'm curious

1) For most draft class you have 8-10 16 years old that are already playing like 18-19 years old. That number for this draft is barely 1 (Raty). 2021 isnt bad for Ds, but these guys will take a long time and none are like Byram - Drysdale. There's 12-15 guys in 2022 and 8-10 in 2023.

You have to realize something at some point: a 16 years old already has 12 years of development in them. One year of development at that stage is only 6-7% more. We already know who will be good in 2022, 2023 and names are starting to come out for 2024. We already know 2022 and 2023 will be much much stronger than 2021 at least at the top. This is not me saying it, just read the scouts, they know.

You have to also track the number of exceptional status beeing applied for. Here are the 2023s: Expect the WHL's Exceptional Status barrier to be broken after Bedard, Yager and Heidt apply - TheHockeyNews
Bedard is likely to get it.

In the 2022s, Wright is already number 1 solidified. And Savoie was refused exception status in the WHL where they never granted it yet, but hes been playing nearly like an exceptional status.

2) Any year without blue chips prospects from Canada, US, Sweden and Russia is a weak year. 2021 is weak for all of these countries. They all have a big hole in production in 2021.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) For most draft class you have 8-10 16 years old that are already playing like 18-19 years old. That number for this draft is barely 1 (Raty). 2021 isnt bad for Ds, but these guys will take a long time and none are like Byram - Drysdale. There's 12-15 guys in 2022 and 8-10 in 2023.

You have to realize something at some point: a 16 years old already has 12 years of development in them. One year of development at that stage is only 6-7% more. We already know who will be good in 2022, 2023 and names are starting to come out for 2024. We already know 2022 and 2023 will be much much stronger than 2021 at least at the top. This is not me saying it, just read the scouts, they know.

You have to also track the number of exceptional status beeing applied for. Here are the 2023s: Expect the WHL's Exceptional Status barrier to be broken after Bedard, Yager and Heidt apply - TheHockeyNews
Bedard is likely to get it.

In the 2022s, Wright is already number 1 solidified. And Savoie was refused exception status in the WHL where they never granted it yet, but hes been playing nearly like an exceptional status.

2) Any year without blue chips prospects from Canada, US, Sweden and Russia is a weak year. 2021 is weak for all of these countries. They all have a big hole in production in 2021.

Interesting breakdown.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
For some reason I see one of Armia and Lehkonen being moved.
I don't see any PO teams trading for Weal, Cousins and maybe Thompson and I don't think any team will pony up to convince Bergevin to move Price/Weber/Petry/Tatar.
Kovalchuk, Domi, Scandella and Chariot are still Wins for Bergevin and I think he will hang on to them.

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
giphy.gif
Lmao

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don't see any PO teams trading for Weal, Cousins and maybe Thompson and I don't think any team will pony up to convince Bergevin to move Price/Weber/Petry/Tatar.
Kovalchuk, Domi, Scandella and Chariot are still Wins for Bergevin and I think he will hang on to them.

I doubt either of Armia or Lehkonen will be moved.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think Thompson is gone no matter what happens. I think he can fetch a mid round pick and we can simply replace him from within quite easily.

Reactions: WinterLion

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Is this the year? Will Bergevin get an extra first?

This year or next he should be getting one easily if he moves Petry
he cannot wait IMO and needs to make such a move.
Having 2 1st and a bunch of 2nd this year can help the retool and will make us legit a lot faster than keeping older players and keep drafting in the middle of the pack all the time!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I doubt either of Armia or Lehkonen will be moved.

Moving Lehkonen IMO wouldn`t make much sense, good young player that always plays hard
Armia depending on value I could see being moved.
But to be honest I think management likes the trio of Fins and maybe would like to keep them together and help KK grow!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Moving Lehkonen IMO wouldn`t make much sense, good young player that always plays hard
Armia depending on value I could see being moved.
But to be honest I think management likes the trio of Fins and maybe would like to keep them together and help KK grow!

Why would we move Armia who is like our only forward who can win puck battles? We trying to get smaller again? :facepalm:.

And trading players in their prime? Makes no sense

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
2021 picks? No, hell no. 2022.
2021 is as bad if not worse than the Sedin draft.

Wright and Savoie are gaining a lot of attention.

I don't know much about either, though the words "generational" has been used with Savoie.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
ZERO. CHANCE.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Wright and Savoie are gaining a lot of attention.

I don't know much about either, though the words "generational" has been used with Savoie.

I wouldn't classify them as generational. Connor Bedard (2023) potentially. Wright more chance than Savoie, hes already PPG in the OHL. Wright is 6'0'', Savoie and Bedard are smaller.

The generational guys are usually well known when they are 13-14. Wright-Savoie had a bit of that halo, but Bedard is Crosby-Mcdavid like in terms of hype at the same stage (doesn't mean they will make it).

Last year: Meet the future of hockey, 13-year-old Connor Bedard - TheHockeyNews

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I wouldn't classify them as generational. Connor Bedard (2023) potentially. Wright more chance than Savoie, hes already PPG in the OHL. Wright is 6'0'', Savoie and Bedard are smaller.

The generational guys are usually well known when they are 13-14. Wright-Savoie had a bit of that halo, but Bedard is Crosby-Mcdavid like in terms of hype at the same stage (doesn't mean they will make it).

Last year: Meet the future of hockey, 13-year-old Connor Bedard - TheHockeyNews

Interesting. Definitely will keep an eye on him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't see Petry moving...Dmen are hard to find, especially guys who can play 24 mins a night, I just don't see the Habs even entertaining the thought of moving him.

Tatar is a different story though, i'd hope Bergevin uses the same kind of logic he used to move Andrew Shaw this past summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad