Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?

Jeebs

Oct 26, 2011
Marchand because as we saw with Lucic, GM's are still willing to overpay for #grit. Not saying he can't play, only that his "edge" will make some GM's throw a bit of extra $$$ at him.

I can't stand when GM's pay for 'Grit'. But that's not the case with Marchand, he's a proven scorer and he plays a complete game, not to mention he's a huge pain in the ***.

I can't stand the guy, and would easily give him more money than Hoffman.

That's not to say his contract wouldn't end up being an overpayment, but the man has earned it and he deserves to paid.

Doesn't change the fact he's a *******.

Siginla

Mar 20, 2015
Marchand. Easy. Great all rounder. Not even counting last season. He does everything.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Nuetral fan here but you have to think its Marchand without a doubt. He is just a much more complete player. With that being said they both are probably going to get overpaid and I really hope it's not my team that pays them.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I heard he gave the ring to Thomas, he said he just couldn't sleep at night knowing he was carrying something that someone else earned for him. Thanks for letting me know their ages though, I had no idea.

It seems you are in desperate need of reminders, though. So here are some more... Total goals: 23-8. The 4 Bruins victories: 8-1 (2nd most lopsided victory in a Stanley Cup finals ever), 5-2, 4-0, 4-0.
You should be ecstatic that you hung on for dear life all the way to 7 games: it really should have been a sweep. Are you saying that in those 4 losses, the games were so close they could have gone either way? Tell me more...

Thomas had a dominating performance (and the rest of the Bruins followed along those lines. They all went above and beyond their duty), but I don't remember him scoring any of our 23 (TWENTY-THREE) goals. Do you? :)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I expected Marchand to win but not for it to be unanimous come on sens fans support your boy here
Most sens fans love Hoffy, but the correct answer here is Marchand.They are not really compareable players,even if Hoffman rounds his defensive game out .

Lukus

Feb 4, 2009
Ottawa
This thread has turned into a "who's better" when the OP's question was who will get paid the most. It doesn't change the answer, it's going to be Marchand.

Marchand will get something similar to Lucic as they are comparable in many ways. So Marchand gets about 6M and any Sens fan will tell you that Hoffman is worth about 5.25M. So there you have it, a net difference of 775K.

PS: As a Sens fan, I would take Marchand over Hoffman as well. Ottawa lacks intensity.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Lol @ AINEC

Marchand is definitely the better player, but on the open market they would get CAP hits of about 1.000 difference.. maybe less. That's not "AINEC" lol

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This thread has turned into a "who's better" when the OP's question was who will get paid the most. It doesn't change the answer, it's going to be Marchand.

Marchand will get something similar to Lucic as they are comparable in many ways. So Marchand gets about 6M and any Sens fan will tell you that Hoffman is worth about 5.25M. So there you have it, a net difference of 775K.

PS: As a Sens fan, I would take Marchand over Hoffman as well. Ottawa lacks intensity.

Because that's what the OP intended. It's not a comparison thread, it's a Sens bashing thread.

Group Chat Legend*

Can Hoffman play both wings?

NJ would love to have him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad