Speculation: Who gets more money on the open market Marchand or Hoffman?

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I think Marchand regresses back to his career normal of around 25 goals next season but would still get more on the open market.
He just has a much better all around game and rarer skill set.

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Easily Marchand as an elite penalty killer, usually in the top rankings for short handed goals. He put up 37 goals hardly playing the power play. Marchand was the 2nd highest Canadian born goal scorer, 4 behind Benn and played 5 less games. If he got power play time we are talking 42 plus goals. His days of uncontrolled temper may be behind him after missing the outdoor classic he went soul searching and vowed to change his game. Guy takes a lot of abuse and after Crosby, no one is better at staying strong on the puck. I rarely see him get hit down. If Backes is the other winger with him and Bergy they should have a even better year stat wise.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Easily Marchand. At least on par offensively and several levels better defensively.

Not sure how this question even came about...

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
To be the Sedins personal water boy. They might even let him carry their jock straps.

Seeing that the Sedins are 8 years older (gonna be 36 in a month and a half), it is pretty much guaranteed that it would be the other way around. Marchand might even let them carry his ring.

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
LOL still that upset?

No, over time I've completely forgiven his dirty and cowardly moves.

Seeing that the Sedins are 8 years older (gonna be 36 in a month and a half), it is pretty much guaranteed that it would be the other way around. Marchand might even let them carry his ring.

I heard he gave the ring to Thomas, he said he just couldn't sleep at night knowing he was carrying something that someone else earned for him. Thanks for letting me know their ages though, I had no idea.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Marchand is just as good offensively, much better defensively, and is an absolute ***** to play against. Any vote not for Marchand is the wrong vote, and I hate Marchand.

FWIW, I actually really like Hoffman.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
...and I think you're wrong and the Sens sign him long term.

All due respect but why would Hoff want to sign? The local media has, with what seems to be a follow of the organizations lead, done a fair amount of disparaging his efforts over the last couple of years. Mendes, Garrioch et al acted like last years arb case was some kind of major coup for management in general and Dorion in particular. Although not a supporter I go to lots of Sens games and the one guy among forwards who is scary with the puck is Hoffman, a real sniper. I understand that he has history with Boucher and that's fine, but they squeezed him hard last year for relative chump change. You may be right and they get a deal done, but if they can only get a 1 year done this summer he most certainly be gone after.

Patrice Krejci*

Pastafarian
Aug 12, 2014
Washington DC
No, over time I've completely forgiven his dirty and cowardly moves.

I heard he gave the ring to Thomas, he said he just couldn't sleep at night knowing he was carrying something that someone else earned for him. Thanks for letting me know their ages though, I had no idea.
I was unaware 19pts and a plus 12 in the 2011 playoffs meant he was being carried. He obviously contributed, let it go.

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Marchand because as we saw with Lucic, GM's are still willing to overpay for #grit. Not saying he can't play, only that his "edge" will make some GM's throw a bit of extra $$$ at him.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Marchy AINEC

If Benning some how managed to get him here id almost forgive him for the TDL and Mccann and Shincky trades

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad