Who does your team captain pass cup to first

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Gonna make a serious, non troll answer. If the Lightning win Stamkos will pass it to whoever is standing closer to him between Callahan and Kucherov. Gun to my head and make me choose I'll say Callahan. But I don't think Stamkos is gonna have it planned because he's gonna be in la la land. But either of those two would be the next to touch it. After that it's Hedman. Of that I AM sure.

I place odds better than 80% that Hedman will intensely roar in glory once he holds it.

Reactions: dkhockey

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yup. Which speaks to the turnover on the team considering he was drafter in 2011. And yeah, I do think Nuge would be most likely.

I can't speak for the Oilers but considering how long I thought that he was short list for captaincy with Hall for so many years prior to McDavid's arrival I think it would otherwise be insulting if it wasn't Nuge who got the honor of holding it second.

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I can't speak for the Oilers but considering how long I thought that he was short list for captaincy with Hall for so many years prior to McDavid's arrival I think it would otherwise be insulting if it wasn't Nuge who got the honor of holding it second.

Absolutely. I always thought Nuge was more captain material than Hall or anyone else until McDavid.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Toews will give it to whoever the new player is that can dig the team out of the basement. John Tavares?

Because they ain't winning with the current lineup.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
If it's Matthews that seems like a pretty quick trigger.
Not really. Early captainship has been done with others — Crosby, McDavid, Toews, etc. Guys seem to grow into the role. Seems to work out fine.

34 will be a superstar in the league for years to come. And he’s a center, which is a good spot to pick your captain from. He seems like a solid choice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Id say vasy to callahan he hasent won one
Veteran guy

Those same two names are the ones who come to my mind. Vasy, because there were question marks about whether or not we could win with him so soon (I still have some of those questions, but I digress), and Callahan because he's clearly not the player he once was, but still gives what he can more often than not, and has been a key role player in these playoffs.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gonna make a serious, non troll answer. If the Lightning win Stamkos will pass it to whoever is standing closer to him between Callahan and Kucherov. Gun to my head and make me choose I'll say Callahan. But I don't think Stamkos is gonna have it planned because he's gonna be in la la land. But either of those two would be the next to touch it. After that it's Hedman. Of that I AM sure.

I place odds better than 80% that Hedman will intensely roar in glory once he holds it.

I'd put it at about 93% that, when Palat gets his turn, he gets over-excited and drops it.

member 298589

MAF receives it from Dale Tallon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Not really. Early captainship has been done with others — Crosby, McDavid, Toews, etc. Guys seem to grow into the role. Seems to work out fine.

34 will be a superstar in the league for years to come. And he’s a center, which is a good spot to pick your captain from. He seems like a solid choice.
I like him a lot as a player, but his demeanor and attitude these playoffs left a lot to be desired of a potential captain.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I like him a lot as a player, but his demeanor and attitude these playoffs left a lot to be desired of a potential captain.
You follow the team, so you would know better, ultimately. But from the outside, he looks like the guy.

Whatever problems or failures he had during the playoffs, I don’t think it was from lack of caring or commitment. It sounds like there may be tension with the coach, which is not ideal. But 34 strikes me as a very serious, hard-working individual. And he clearly has the competitive fire.

On a somewhat random, probably irrelevant sidenote, my son once worked as a (very young) volunteer at a prospect camp where Matthews was participating. My kid said Matthews, then 17, seemed much older, more mature, focused and polite than the other teenagers. Basically, seemed like a grown-up among kids.

For whatever that random-ass tidbit is worth.

ANyway, good luck to Leafs fans. Team has a lot to be excited about, with young Marner, Matthews, and Nylander all wearing your sweater and coming up together. Fun guys to watch, night in and night out.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I feel like Landeskog passes it to Johnson. EJ is an Av through and through and would bleed for this team. Not to mention that he has seniority over all core players on the squad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad