Who does your team captain pass cup to first

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I agree

nope. Matthews might be the future captain but he currently doesn't even wear an 'A'
Whoever gets it first, I think we can all agree that Marleau is the first guy it gets handed to

Matthews is the de facto captain though.

who knows maybe the conn smythe winner?

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Matthews is the de facto captain though.

who knows maybe the conn smythe winner?
I wonder who makes that call when you don't have a captain, Babcock?

How bout we just wait till next year to win the cup when Matthews is named captain to avoid this confusion :naughty:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Cullen, as a sign of respect for his seniority, and being a homeboy. Anyone else and it get contentious.

I dunno. It would be a 3-peat for Cullen and his 4th Cup overall.

I think it goes to Parise 2nd (unless Dub pulls a Tim Thomas, then he gets it). My dark-horse pick would be Prosser.

The bigger question for me would be: Does Koivu break his face from trying to smile? :help:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Even Cullen might be contentious, seeing as he's a fresh back-to-back cup winner with a bonus cup from a decade ago. Parise and Dubnyk could easily pull ahead.
Unless Parise absolutely kills it in the playoffs, he doesn't deserve it. Enough with the deferring to him just because he is local. He is overpaid, his NMC has hurt the team, and players like Granlund, Spurgeon, Zucker and Brodin have been quietly grinding away all these years.

Suter would deserve it next, but he won't even be able to stand to accept it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Another question is who lifts it first for Vegas and Toronto, both not having a captain. Bozak for Toronto? Engelland or Neal for Vegas?
I would assume Marleau. Long career with a significant amount of success but hasn't won the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad