Who do you think will be traded this season?

TheThrill81*

TheThrill81 said:
The question in the title and the question in the poll are slightly different. You ask people who they think should be traded, there's going to be a bunch of crazy votes.

Kessel and Phaneuf. This year by the trade deadline or earlier.

Just as I predicted.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I think some of these trades will happen if the team seems to be clearly out of hte playoff race by mid season.

Lupul - based on the rumor the leaf's offered him to the Kings last season, he seems likely to go.

Ashton - again, based on the recent rumors, and the logjam of bottom six guys currently on the team.

Bozak - Dubas and the new analytics crew may push to have him traded as his value is likely at the highest it'll ever be. Nonis and Carlyle seem to love him though. Not sure about this one.

Kessel/Phaneuf - if the team really falls flat this season I can see Shanahan wanting one of these guys moved (likely Phaneuf) to shake things up with the team.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Ashton wont be here a few months from now whether its a trade or a waiver claim

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
To be honest, it depends on the season. I think there are a few who are likely to be traded regardless, but we could see anything from a total rebuild (potentially included Kessel and Phaneuf) to just some minor pieces being moved.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
Not given his possession stats. The new management will give Franson new life here.

WHo gets traded will depend largely on how they play and what direction they are moving in when they make the trades.

Still think Franson is the odd man out.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
Franson: pending UFA and only good on the PP but Rielly + Gardiner can handle more of those minutes. Even Robidas + Percy are 2nd pairing options.

If we're out of by the deadline which is likely all of the other pending UFAs in Santorelli, Booth, Winnik should be traded as should Polak who'd net some good pieces but isn't a long term piece with only another year left on his deal.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
5.2 million Lupul makes could be a tough cap hit for BOS. who would be coming back our way?

Capgeek has boston with 1.6 million in cap space right now, so by the deadline Lupul's cap hit would be down to roughly just over a quarter left so they could squeeze him in with sending a little bit of salary our way.

Mar 26, 2010
Hopefully not Lupul unless its a top 6 YOUNG blue chipper coming back.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
There is no situation were moving only Lupul makes any sense.

If they doing well and in the playoff picture Lupul-Kadri will be a big part of their offense and he is one of the few leaders they have in that room. Not someone you want to trade away. If they are doing poorly more of the top players then just Lupul will/should go.

You just contradicted your first comment.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
5.2 million Lupul makes could be a tough cap hit for BOS. who would be coming back our way?

I'm not entirely sure. Kelly would be the only player with significant salary that would be considered expendable I would think. Obviously he wouldn't be the centerpiece coming back. They're not completely up against the cap. With someone coming our way and a bit of retention it could be finagled.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
If it was me

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Robidas
Percy - Polak
Franson

Switch Phaneuf back to the right. Have Gards, Rielly, and Percy rotate on the first pairing until we find the best fit with Phaneuf.

Keep Franson as a 7th D who rotates in for Robidas or Polak. Then flip him at the deadline for a pick, prospect, or as part of a bigger deal. Pending UFA who IMO is unlikely to be retained. May as well get some value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad