Who do you think will be traded this season?

Ace88*

Hopefully certain fans and gentlemen who browse this section and the trade section of hf

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Lupul, though I like him. That could be a good trade depending on the return. Of course he would have to stay healthy, and that may be a big reason it is hard to get a good return.

I also think one of the D will go... Franson seems likely, but despite all the hate for him he is the offensive infusion from the point for whatever reason. If he could improve his defensive play he would be a keeper.

It all depends on where the team is as we approach the deadline. Could be buyers... meaning some unexpected pieces are moved. I think we usually speak of trade from the "we're done" perspective...

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Franson is going to be gone the second he hits Ufa, so unless we want to lose another asset for nothing it should be him. We have two younger defensemen with higher upsides that can easily match his production. Too bad Randy has an infatuation with bigger players and one has to sit right now.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Franson is the only one that makes sense right now

then, depending how the season goes, you trade some of the guys on 1yr deals for picks.

samyy

Apr 14, 2009
No one big, sure you could maybe move one of the D but what happens when you have an injury? Are you okay with Loov and Granberg filling in? Thats something that management will have to evaluate but Franson seems to be the oddman out given the commitment to Gardiner, although, his contract likely has tons of value.

silentbob37*

I think Franson could be gone by the deadline, if not sooner.

Not given his possession stats. The new management will give Franson new life here.

WHo gets traded will depend largely on how they play and what direction they are moving in when they make the trades.

TheThrill81*

The question in the title and the question in the poll are slightly different. You ask people who they think should be traded, there's going to be a bunch of crazy votes.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Not that I think that we should be trading with the Bruins, but I'm calling Lupul there at the deadline. They lack scoring from the wings and are almost win-now.

silentbob37*

Not that I think that we should be trading with the Bruins, but I'm calling Lupul there at the deadline. They lack scoring from the wings and are almost win-now.

There is no situation were moving only Lupul makes any sense.

If they doing well and in the playoff picture Lupul-Kadri will be a big part of their offense and he is one of the few leaders they have in that room. Not someone you want to trade away. If they are doing poorly more of the top players then just Lupul will/should go.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

They also lack the cap space to take on Lupul's contract.

There is no situation were moving only Lupul makes any sense.

If they doing well and in the playoff picture Lupul-Kadri will be a big part of their offense and he is one of the few leaders they have in that room. Not someone you want to trade away. If they are doing poorly more of the top players then just Lupul will/should go.

I agree with this, but it's not like the poster is suggesting he be only guy moved. I'm hopeful that if the Leafs are doing poorly as the deadline approaches, Shanahan will get Nonis to go into full rebuilding mode and trade guys like Lupul/Phaneuf/Franson for some futures.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT

5.2 million Lupul makes could be a tough cap hit for BOS. who would be coming back our way?

silentbob37*

They also lack the cap space to take on Lupul's contract.

I agree with this, but it's not like the poster is suggesting he be only guy moved. I'm hopeful that if the Leafs are doing poorly as the deadline approaches, Shanahan will get Nonis to go into full rebuilding mode and trade guys like Lupul/Phaneuf/Franson for some futures.

If they go into full rebuild mode Kessel, Phaneuf and Bozak will top that list.

Kessel and Phaneuf. This year by the trade deadline or earlier.

Maybe IF they are out of the playoffs and IF Management is willing to go that route. I have serious doubts they are.

silentbob37*

Why are so many people so sure Franson will get traded?

First, the advanced stats guys like him more then the "old school" guys do, with the Leafs going in that direction they should see more value in him. Second, how is it a bad thing for the Leafs to the carry 7 NHL quality D-men? If they move Franson they are down to 6, and 1 injury or 1 player regression and they are using AHL D-men. How is that what the coaching staff and/or management want? They want to have 7 good D-men, figuring out who they have to sit is a GOOD problem to have. Much better then "what AHL d-man to play".

They won't be in a hurry to move Franson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad