Who do you think Seattle will take from the Flames on July 21? (POLL ADDED)

Who will the Flames lose in the expansion draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I still think it’s gonna be Kylington.

It’s worth keeping in mind, Seattle has 30 picks but only 23 roster spots. They can’t take the ‘best’ high-salary player from each club. About 10 of their picks are going to need to be pieces that aren’t on the roster full time this coming season.
I suspect they will flip a few guys, namely a couple goalies. With Kahkohen, Dreidger, Vanicek, Bishop, DeSmith and Price available, I'd be shocked if someone wasn't flipped to the Oilers, Leafs, Avs or Pens. Francis could get an absolute killing if Price is willing to be flipped and Seattle eats 3-4m in cap.

For the Flames, finding a deal for Kahkonen or Vanicek would be great since they'll make under 1m next year.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Dreger said PLD, Only a complete f***ing moron would have actually thought Monahan was in play for Anderson

I mean.... it didn't happen clearly, so take that for what you will. According to Friedman, it the Flames had made the deal it would have been massive, indicating likely multiple pieces.

If you can find a link about Monahan and PLD by all means, but all I see is they wouldn't move Tkachuk for him, and that they wouldn't move a C for Anderson.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean.... it didn't happen clearly, so take that for what you will. According to Friedman, it the Flames had made the deal it would have been massive, indicating likely multiple pieces.

If you can find a link about Monahan and PLD by all means, but all I see is they wouldn't move Tkachuk for him, and that they wouldn't move a C for Anderson.
It was that fairly recent Dreger radio one that someone posted, that the stupid Hurricanes fansided piece was based on. You're welcome to look for it, but I know what I heard, I commented on it when I listened to it about it not being much of a rumor. I'm sure if you searched my history you'll find my reply, but I'm not wasting my time to appease you

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It was that fairly recent Dreger radio one that someone posted, that the stupid Hurricanes fansided piece was based on. You're welcome to look for it, but I know what I heard, I commented on it when I listened to it about it not being much of a rumor. I'm sure if you searched my history you'll find my reply, but I'm not wasting my time to appease you

Lol. Okay bud. Don't waste your time then.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Monahan

for Andersen, Merzlikins or Korpisalo and maybe more is what I heard.

I heard the Dubois offer was around Hanifin and Monahan. CBJ wanted Tkachuk. Calgary said no.

Reactions: Volica

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Boy, hindsight being 20/20

Tkachuk + Hanifin for Dubois would have been the most prolific L this franchise would have taken in a number of years :laugh:

I think it was just Tkachuk for Dubois.

Hanifin could be better than Dubois at this point alone though

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why you insist on everything being an attack against you I will never understand.

Oddly enough, each time I get the joy of reading through a 'debate' (if that's what you call it) is literally the signature line on our very own @Dube Dube Doo :

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that 51% of you think that Gio will be drafted by the Kraken. I thought it would be much higher than that, even though I thought it might be a toss-up between Gio and Lucic (wishful thinking?) and I was obviously wrong.
Looking forward to Thursday 11:00 am July 22 because thats the day the roster freeze ends and the big trades will start.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Oddly enough, each time I get the joy of reading through a 'debate' (if that's what you call it) is literally the signature line on our very own @Dube Dube Doo :

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
I never read DDD's signature until just now. Maybe a darker font would make it more visible? How do you get a signature line?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad