Speculation: Who do you feel Bergevin might deal first this season?

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
I honestly don't believe he will make a trade until off season.

Not sure if anybody heard it but Pierre Lebrun on TSN 690 said that Bergevin is actively shopping Rene Bourque. I guess that makes sense, as Bourque has been playing in a lot of key situations recently. Probably in an effort to showcase "his skills."

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Not sure if anybody heard it but Pierre Lebrun on TSN 690 said that Bergevin is actively shopping Rene Bourque. I guess that makes sense, as Bourque has been playing in a lot of key situations recently. Probably in an effort to showcase "his skills."

Couldn't we just promote the myth he's a 30G power forward some more rather than hurt the team and prove he's not in the process?

His half dozen one handed stick waves and lazy dump around the boards that ended up in the back of our net today isn't going to improve his value

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm a little surprised we've gone 6 months without a move. Normally there's at least minor deals to be had in October/November when depth guys haven't earned roles. I can't think of a time we've had such a long stretch of no roster movement aside from during the lockout. Even the call ups/demotions have been rare.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

If that's the case what we need is Bourque plus as a package to really upgrade on the position, otherwise it will just be a lateral move, which will likely get us nowhere.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary

Well that is a relief because Bourque is clearly our biggest problem and he has so much value on the market!

Bergevin is like the senile old man that tries to pay for groceries with pocket lint and acorns.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Bergevin's a sack of crap - every major move he's made save Prust has been an unmitigated disaster. Yes, even trading Cole has been a disaster.

I desperately want to see something new from him but even his inactivity is lethargic and Gainey-like. He could pull off a series of moves tomorrow and it'll still stink because of his horrible off-season and contract extensions.

**** him and **** Therrien.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Bergevin's a sack of crap - every major move he's made save Prust has been an unmitigated disaster. Yes, even trading Cole has been a disaster.

I desperately want to see something new from him but even his inactivity is lethargic and Gainey-like. He could pull off a series of moves tomorrow and it'll still stink because of his horrible off-season and contract extensions.

Habs are comfortably in a playoff spot as long as this holds everybody will be safe including the players.

The situation is waiting for the playoffs. The team needs to exit the playoffs without the excuse of injuries or goaltending before changes will occur. MB has a team that's top 3 in the conference which I might say is exceeding the expectation of the prognosticators. Settle in for the long haul with these guys it's going to be frustrating but jobs are safe.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Habs are comfortably in a playoff spot as long as this holds everybody will be safe including the players.

The situation is waiting for the playoffs. The team needs to exit the playoffs without the excuse of injuries or goaltending before changes will occur. MB has a team that's top 3 in the conference which I might say is exceeding the expectation of the prognosticators. Settle in for the long haul with these guys it's going to be frustrating but jobs are safe.

Thing is that I don't like or accept losing (very specific situations notwithstanding) or an obviously directionless approach.

This season the Habs will struggle to win a single playoff GAME, much less series. Why is that acceptable?

I ask rhetorically of course... you and I are both aware that yes both idiots are in for the long haul. It doesn't excuse the **** play, and **** moves Bergevin's made.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Well that is a relief because Bourque is clearly our biggest problem and he has so much value on the market!

Bergevin is like the senile old man that tries to pay for groceries with pocket lint and acorns.

WOW! I almost spit out my coffee reading this one! This is the post of the year already LOL

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk for Lecavalier: straight up.

We finally get that big center we wanted that can play 20 minutes a game. Galchenyuk can only play 13 minutes a game and refuses to step on the ice in overtime? Clearly not committed to this team what so ever.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Lots of dead weight on this team for sure...I just hope that MB doesn't trade one of the handful of players that actually care.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Until Marc Bergevin shows that he actually owns a pair of you know what, I don't believe anything major that will help the team will happen.

Probably a couple dink and dunk trades around the deadline and a first round exit, if they make the playoffs.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Until Marc Bergevin shows that he actually owns a pair of you know what, I don't believe anything major that will help the team will happen.

Probably a couple dink and dunk trades around the deadline and a first round exit, if they make the playoffs.

He's not even in town, he's in Sweden. He's busy building is PR status.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

agreed,

I don't ever think MB will pull off a blockbuster, why?
because he does not have a set of nads, here is why....
he has barked size and strength, and yet his coach plays DD/Gionta/beef bullion, way to much.
as well, he models his style like the hawks, fine.....but the hawks drafted Kane/towes, do you see those type of guys in habs lineup?? Alex G, in time, but right now we have a laughing stock of 4 foot dudes, that can grow facial hair into nice foo man chews, but that is all.

this team is weak, and with out the strong goalie tandem, this team would be way below 500.

be a man MB prove your worth, and make this team tough and feared a bit, not only look good in GQ magazine!:sarcasm:

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
That Gilbert guy is will still be a ufa. Maybe Bergevin will pass on him yet again.

Yeah you're right he could do the job (but he lacked consistency defensively during his career), honestly IMO the team should upgrade the D by getting someone better than Gorges/Diaz and then by trading one of them.

Looking at the list (I'm looking at guys 33 and younger) :

Pitkanen
Orpik
Meszaros (Not a top 4 anymore)
Nick Schultz
Girardi (the priority)
Quincey (Maybe ?)
Klesla (injuried alot, seems like he's not a top 4 anymore)
Nikitin (Having a down season, but he could be an interesting choice)
Hainsey (Inconsistent and soft)
Gilbert
MacDonald

Some of these guys will sign with their team, so sadly it's not a good year to find a top 4 through the UFA market. Maybe a trade could be more interesting.

Also they have to either resign Murray as Physical depth or sign a guy with the similar role IMO :

Greene
Stoner
Fistric
Engelland
Stuart

Last edited:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

I don't mind the Cole deal at all. That was a smart deal. The problem is Cole's production, size, grit was never replaced.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Every year we hope at this time if year Habs will sign a Ufa in the summer but alas it never happens

Then we hope that the gm grows a set nads and alas nope

So the draft is all what we wait for.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I don't mind the Cole deal at all. That was a smart deal. The problem is Cole's production, size, grit was never replaced.

I felt the same way too at the time. It was smart...Cole was going to be paid for a few more years and his production dropped off, so MB basically repaired a 'mistake' made by the previous GM by trading for a guy who was going to be a UFA that ended up being pretty productive for us in the short term. Now comes the mistake though...he lets Ryder walk and then signs Briere for 2 years! I wouldn't have minded if he signed Briere for 1 year but that extra year just really stings.

The Desharnais contract is the other mistake...still don't understand the long term vision for him being on our team.

Therrien isn't going anywhere during the season...he will get a chance to limp into the playoffs again and that might be enough for him to keep his job next year. If he misses the playoffs this year then MAYBE MB fires him.

I'm still hopeful about MB's tenure as GM...but I'm less optimistic than I used to be after the above mistakes.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Let's not forget of the BIG coin they spent on help for MB. Dudley and others.

The only thing that is gold is Waite helping price

The rest well need excuses

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Classic one-liner. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad