Who do you consider Cup favorites now?

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Easy to say Washington, but they have not looked as good as the 2-0 lead against Carolina sounds. Game 1 was tight until a late empty netter. Game 2 went into OT.

Easy to say CBJ if they continue to dismantle TB. They were 4-0 against the Caps this year and beat them handily [assuming the regular season means anything].

Easy to say Boston - I still marvel at how they do so well with essentially one line [Pasta/Bergeron/Marchand] that strikes fear in an opponent.

I'll continue to probably undersell the Islanders - maybe at my own peril.

So out of the East, if i had to pick now, I'd say CBJ because I think there the one team left in the East that matches up well and can beat the Caps.

Out of the West, I'd say Vegas. Calgary probably second choice.

I hate the Boston one line narrative. They have three lines that are much better their opponents by possession by a long shot.

The answer is the Caps. Islanders will be a cake walk for them and I dont think CBJ, Toronto or Boston (especially Boston) can beat them. Vegas is really good so maybe they turn the tide.

I think Boston is the best team in the east after Tampa but they have a very tough road (Toronto is very good, then either CBJ will be flying off an upset or Tampa will have just had a historic comback) and they are 1-13 in their last 14 against the caps. f***ing Holtby!

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
You seem to be thinking Columbus isn't good enough to compete for the Cup after they're 3-0 against the favourites for it, to me that sounds like stupid talk.

No, I think that they're good enough to compete for the Cup. I've actually said exactly that in other threads. Today, even.

This thread is about listing Cup *favorites*. In fact, the original post asked for "the favorite" (suggesting that the answer should be one team).

If that distinction isn't important to you, then so be it.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Until Tampa actually loses I don’t count them out there are a few X Rangers on that roster that have battled back on a 3-0 deficit before. Nothing’s impossible in the playoffs though CBus could sweep them

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
The seas have parted for Washington. I'll be surprised if they don't repeat. They would've pummeled Tampa anyway though.

Really? After watching your own team be systematically dismantled by the Islanders, you don't give them a chance to beat the caps? Are you watching?

Permidal

Feb 9, 2016
Winner of 2-round in Metro will be SC-champion
As a 3 last years
At this moment probably caps or isles

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Definitely Capitals - not saying they'll get past their 2nd round opponent -, they easily have the talent to beat Boston and make the Cup finals again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad