Who do you consider Cup favorites now?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Blues, Knights, Capitals, Bruins

Not necessarily in that order. Oh, and the Jackets, too.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Probably Capitals.

Out of the top contenders going into the playoffs they've looked the best. And if both Tampa and Penguins are out in round 1 - the east suddenly becomes much more wide open for them.

Reactions: bert

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Blues are my pick out of the West and Bruins my pick out of the East now that the Bolts look like they may be done.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Caps and Vegas look the best out of the "top teams" currently. I'm hoping for some sort of Canadian contingent but none are playing consistent hockey.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'll go with the reigning, defending, Stanley Cup champions.

165341.jpg

Reactions: triggrman

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Easy to say Washington, but they have not looked as good as the 2-0 lead against Carolina sounds. Game 1 was tight until a late empty netter. Game 2 went into OT.

Easy to say CBJ if they continue to dismantle TB. They were 4-0 against the Caps this year and beat them handily [assuming the regular season means anything].

Easy to say Boston - I still marvel at how they do so well with essentially one line [Pasta/Bergeron/Marchand] that strikes fear in an opponent.

I'll continue to probably undersell the Islanders - maybe at my own peril.

So out of the East, if i had to pick now, I'd say CBJ because I think there the one team left in the East that matches up well and can beat the Caps.

Out of the West, I'd say Vegas. Calgary probably second choice.

Reactions: Bobcat110

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Washington they were before the playoffs started for me bet on them at 11 to 1 and they still are. Whoever wins the Vegas San Jose series wins the west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad