Proposal: Who do we move Morgan Rielly for?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Prospects who are ready to step into the league. ELC contracts are crucial for a team without any cap space.

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Rielly was the least of their problems. If anything they need more help on D not trading away what they already have that works.
Agree Rielly played with heart and didn't give up like some of his teammates and deserves his A unlike Matthews and Marner right now also

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
Sure he was good in the playoffs but how much is he going to be asking for? He's not a legit #1 IMO. Where do we get one, I don't know but to pay him like one will be yet another overpayment.

Reactions: nuck

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
I wouldn't move him. Not yet at least. You take Rielly off the blueline it goes from solid to suspect pretty quickly. Sandin is clearly not ready for a big role on the Leafs yet.

Reactions: leafsgirl12

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
You mean 2018 Rielly? 2013 he was in Moosejaw still. Rielly has always been a great playoff player he just looks one step better rn.
2013 he spent time in moose jaw and time with the Marlies true he didn't play his first nhl game till Oct 2013 .

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Mo is expendable imo, diminishing skills and hated his post elimination interview, another of the entitled players who couldn’t give a rats ass......

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think the first step is to figure out what his salary ask is and then run some numbers to see if that raise fits in.

Otherwise, if you're looking for the equivalent of the Kawhi trade, I would look at a combo house cleaning of moving out both Rielly and Marner simultaneously as well as letting Andersen walk to unlock $22 million in cap space. For Rielly I would look for pure futures, and reinvest that in a big Dougie Hamilton deal, and let's say a Marner for Eichel as a conceptual placeholder.

So it would look like

OUT

Marner
Rielly
Andersen

IN

Picks
Prospects
Hamilton
Eichel (placeholder)

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
You can’t move Rielly if you aren’t changing the forward structure.

If you move Marner for a Jones, then Rielly can become a less expensive forward who can play with JT.

Matthews - Nylander
Tavares - new guy

Muzzin, Brodie, Jones the D core foundation.

If not we don’t have the assets (picks) or cap for UFA quality replacement.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
love is toxic? lol i have heard it all here. When you score a goal in the NHL playoffs against Price you deserve respect. Reilly has been one of our better players this series. He isnt perfect but he should not be shouldering all the blame for whatever misfortunes we have had in the past. ITS A TEAM GAME.
Why is anyone getting praised for not beating the Habs?
All our core guys should have been manhandling the Habs.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
We're looking to get rid of all the wrong guys. Hyman and Reilly and all the supporting cast. We'll just have the 3 muskokateers (plus Nylander) and no one else.

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I think the first step is to figure out what his salary ask is and then run some numbers to see if that raise fits in.

Otherwise, if you're looking for the equivalent of the Kawhi trade, I would look at a combo house cleaning of moving out both Rielly and Marner simultaneously as well as letting Andersen walk to unlock $22 million in cap space. For Rielly I would look for pure futures, and reinvest that in a big Dougie Hamilton deal, and let's say a Marner for Eichel as a conceptual placeholder.

So it would look like

OUT

Marner
Rielly
Andersen

IN

Picks
Prospects
Hamilton
Eichel (placeholder)

If we somehow replaced Marner and Rielly with Eichel and Hamilton that would be epic.

Reactions: Superstar

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
If we somehow replaced Marner and Rielly with Eichel and Hamilton that would be epic.

Nooooooo! For the love of God, no!!

Did you not see the debacle in Buffalo this year? Did you not see how Eichel milked his injury and quit on the team.

The last thing Toronto needs is ANOTHER underachieving prima donna.

As for Hamilton, he’s a known problem teammate. This has been well documented. Ran himself out of Boston. Ran himself out of Calgary.

He’s also pathetically soft. Remember how he quit so he wouldn’t take a hit from Ovechkin and then got humiliated for it during a national broadcast?

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
I wouldn't move him. Not yet at least. You take Rielly off the blueline it goes from solid to suspect pretty quickly. Sandin is clearly not ready for a big role on the Leafs yet.

FYI - - Sandin will never be ready.

Too small, too slow and too soft - - that combination is the kiss of death for any defenceman’s NHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad