Who deserves a shot at coaching an NHL team?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Gulutzan, 4 seasons as a head coach and has a positive record. I was kinda surprised when he didn’t get hired somewhere after he got canned by the flames, but he’s been good with the oilers.

He’s very mediocre. He may get a chance elsewhere at some point, but the fact the oilers decided to hire another coach over him is telling.

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
Retreads are proving they can lose anywhere. You have to infuse new blood sometime, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but the bottom line is can they communicate with the majority of your team?

Grönborg speaks fluent English and actually lives in the states, or at least used to until has latest contract with some Swiss team. Jalonen has coached teams in England and Russia. It can't be an issue about communication.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I've always been surprised Adam Graves never moved forward as a realistic option as a coach then again he seems so happy in his current situation it might be personal preference. I'd lobby for him regardless.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Newell Brown. Has been an assistant coach in the the NHL for 24 years straight. I haven't the slightest clue how he is at the job, but I like feel good stories and if he ever got the shot I think that would be kind of cool.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I always thought Perry Pearn should have been given a chance being a head coach in the NHL but I'm sure that ship has sailed.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I feel like Rocky Thompson will get a shot soon

That's a solid choice.

IMO, I'd love to see Hartley get another shot. He interviews well and I want to see more line brawls against Torts.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Tim Army isn't there yet, but is making a case for an NHL head coaching job soon. Putting him in charge of Iowa was the one thing Fenton did for the Wild that's pretty much unquestionably going well.

Akustiikka

Dec 16, 2018

Im not so sure Jalonen can adapt to small ice system. He has opposed shrinking the ice size in world championships. He said, he would like to coach NHL teams, but I think the message was more directed towards finnish ice hockey federation and future contract negotiations, rather than him really wanting to coach in NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad