Speculation: Who’d you rather: Devils or Hurricanes?

Who’d you rather play?

• New Jersey Devils

• Carolina Hurricanes

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
absolutely want nothing to do with losing a series to the Devils. I'd rather get facef***ed by a cactus than deal with their fans in the event of a loss, besides the fact that we don't matchup well with them.

I not only think we have a better chance against CAR. but i'd just much rather lose to them.
100% this.

TBH though, I think folks are looking past Carolina too easily. There's really no team in the East I'm "comfortable" facing; that's just the reality. Honestly, the team I'd most want to face is Tampa...

OTOH, it's not worth stressing over. Just like I don't want to face any team, I doubt there's a team in the East that wants to face us. The Rangers have the star power and the depth to match anybody--actually anybody. As always, comes down to Shesterkin. We need him to be a lot better than the Vanaceks, Andersons, Samsonovs, Ullmarks, etc. On paper, we have potentially the best goalie in the East--only Vasy and Sorokin get consideration. But in a 7 game series, paper goes out the window.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I have a bad feeling about the Canes. I rather play New Jersey.
I just don't see how the canes can score enough even if they dominate in possession like usual. I know it's a new season and blah blah blah but they scored 8 goals in 4 games against us in the regular season with all of that. The games will be tight but I like our chances of scoring enough to beat them. I'm not confident we would be able to keep NJ off the board at all.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
I know this is a discussion for you guys, but just wanted to chime in. Selfishly, I hope it's Devils vs. Rangers in round 2, just for the buzz and eyeballs it will get in the NYC metro market. Right now, all 5 teams have made the playoffs, but there is a good chance that the Knicks, Nets, and Isles are all out in round 1. That would leave Devils vs. Rangers as the only playoff show in town come May and it would be electric for our rivalry. Obviously we'd both have to get through tough opponents in round 1, and round 2 would take years off our lives.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I just don't see how the canes can score enough even if they dominate in possession like usual. I know it's a new season and blah blah blah but they scored 8 goals in 4 games against us in the regular season with all of that. The games will be tight but I like our chances of scoring enough to beat them. I'm not confident we would be able to keep NJ off the board at all.
That's what scares me tbh. When you dont see a way we could lose a 7 game series.

I also think we'd big brother Jersey.

Reactions: bhamill

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Respectfully I disagree.

I want to win a Cup. No one will asterisk it just cause we don't have to play Boston. Many, many times, the eventual winners did not have to go through either conference's #1 seed.

Sometimes winning the Cup does involve an element of not drawing your worst matchup. Boston is ours, and NJD is probably our second worst in the east. I'd prefer not to face either.
Hahaha. We don't disagree, we just want different things... to an extent. I also want to win a cup, I just have a different preference as to how it happens. Neither way is wrong, its all a matter of what we want out of the experience of the playoffs.
I trained in various martial arts for decades, fought MMA for YEARS. I NEVER hoped for the easier opponent, I always wanted the best, most dangerous I could get. Especially if I could fight someone I had a friendly rivalry with (I wasn't much for hating on my opponents) That was FUN for me. That's just in my mindset I guess.
But I'll say again: YOUR way IS probably the better bet. No argument from me.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
So Billy Joel has a concert on Saturday night, the date where the Rangers should have their first home games since the Knicks are at home the day before and after. Please tell me this guy will get his concert moved and he doesn't get Priority. If he does then we may see the Knicks play at 1(already scheduled) and the Rangers at 7 on sunday for game 3 with nice garbage ice.
garbage ice favors us vs. a fast skating team...

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I know this is a discussion for you guys, but just wanted to chime in. Selfishly, I hope it's Devils vs. Rangers in round 2, just for the buzz and eyeballs it will get in the NYC metro market. Right now, all 5 teams have made the playoffs, but there is a good chance that the Knicks, Nets, and Isles are all out in round 1. That would leave Devils vs. Rangers as the only playoff show in town come May and it would be electric for our rivalry. Obviously we'd both have to get through tough opponents in round 1, and round 2 would take years off our lives.
Totally.

And the way both teams have performed its more appropriate that its a second round matchup with a conf final trip on the line.

I'd say good luck but you wouldnt either lol Enjoy

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Would prefer the Canes in the first round, and to deal with a hopefully bruised up Devils in round two. Hate ‘em, but the Devils scare me.

Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad