Who´s the best Swedish hockey player ever?

Who´s the best Swedish hockey player ever?

• Peter Forsberg

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • Nicklas Lidström

Votes: 150 73.5%
  • Henrik Lundqvist

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Mats Sundin

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Markus Näslund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kent Nilsson

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Henrik Zetterberg

• Daniel Alfredsson

• Börje Salming

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sven "Tumba" Johansson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Your opinion is not a fact, bud. Lidstrom is one of the greatest defenceman of all time and is, in my opinion, the greatest swede of all time.

Lidstrom might be the greatest D-man of all time, peak, playoff performance, longevity, he had it all in spades.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Not a single person in Sweden would rank Lidstrom highest.

Well the NHL ain't in Sweden so that makes sense. These players belong to NA more than anywhere else. We watched them daily, live, on TV, highlights, everything. We're so lucky.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Lidstrom might be the greatest D-man of all time, peak, playoff performance, longevity, he had it all in spades.

No chance, he's probably top-5 though. I don't see a compelling argument over Bourque and Ray was not as good as Orr was.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
All things considered - regular season and playoff performances, individual awards, stats, etc its hard not to go with Lidstrom here

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Forsberg was the better player but Lidstrom had the better Career.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
95% of Sweden has Forsberg over Lidstrom? I watched both players in the NHL for their entire careers and I don't think there is a compelling case to be made - but if there is - I would like to hear it...?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lidstrom had the greatest career due to having a ridiculously long prime, which was basically his peak. Figuring out what his peak is, is near impossible.

If I was to pick one player for a season, knowing they would be healthy and get peak performance I would take Forsberg. But, when considering best, I think you have to acknowledge Lidstrom's durability and consistency.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Lidstrom's style of play wasn't flashy or memorable like Forsberg's was. Fact remains Lidstrom played 30 minutes a night against the opposing team's best players and never missed the playoffs in his career.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Not a single person in Sweden would rank Lidstrom highest.

Many Swedes who are close followers of the NHL would. If you're talking about casual fans from Sweden, who'd only watch these players on the national team, or on the sports news, then yeah those people are gonna say "Foppa AINEC".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad