OT: Which threads blow you away? The great jersey debate

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I actually don’t hate this as a starting point but it looks very incomplete. It needs waist and arm stripes at least. If they insist on rebranding (I hope they don’t) there’s way worse moves they could make than leaning into college stormy and the flag C

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
WinterClassicSSMockup1.6.png

They just ripping off my concept from last year

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
it's one of those weird things where I like it as a fake-throwback, but if that ever saw game action I would loathe it.
It only works as a fake throwback if you completely ignore what hockey jerseys have looked like for literally their entire history, though. Namely, having stripes.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
StormyFauxback.png

Tried my hand at the Stormy Fauxback. Can't decide if I like it

For the record, the number font and nameplate are what the team wore in their last jerseys in Hartford, just with a single outline instead of double.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
View attachment 838153

Tried my hand at the Stormy Fauxback. Can't decide if I like it

For the record, the number font and nameplate are what the team wore in their last jerseys in Hartford, just with a single outline instead of double.
I love this. I would go red pants and add flag waist stripes but love the idea. If they really want uniquely North Carolina, this would do it

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I've been buying adidas stuff. If Jarvis is extended for 7 or 8 I'm getting one for the wife.

Plenty of old CCM kit out there. I will not be buying fanatics garbage. The only adidas ones I don't have are the away one. I may get one. My red OG one is the swirl logo CCM.

Adidas I have the black and the stadium. All are authentics. I dont do this stupid fan jersey junk.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Also, tweaked one of the logos I had been playing around with in the past just to scratch an itch. I'm not sure this is better than the current logos we use, but I do think its leagues better than any of the bullshit the team floated in that email last week

CanesConceptBig.png

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I love the Stormy logo, but as cool as it is, I don't think it's working great as a primary logo there. I think the way they've largely used it for shirts and hats so far, or even as a shoulder patch like the fauxback, is pretty good.

@Svechhammer, I feel like you've had some interesting concepts in the past. I feel like something is off from your version there. I can't recall if you've tried different color placements in the past. I feel like something doesn't work with the silver, white, and black placement outside the flags and it is throwing it off in some way. So, do you have any different concepts with the color placement? It feels like it needs a little polish in some way too. The H feels a little off to me. I guess it looks like it could be a dumb bell for Rod the bod or almost feels like part of the soviet flag hammer. That's just my hang up.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I love the Stormy logo, but as cool as it is, I don't think it's working great as a primary logo there. I think the way they've largely used it for shirts and hats so far, or even as a shoulder patch like the fauxback, is pretty good.

@Svechhammer, I feel like you've had some interesting concepts in the past. I feel like something is off from your version there. I can't recall if you've tried different color placements in the past. I feel like something doesn't work with the silver, white, and black placement outside the flags and it is throwing it off in some way. So, do you have any different concepts with the color placement? It feels like it needs a little polish in some way too. The H feels a little off to me. I guess it looks like it could be a dumb bell for Rod the bod or almost feels like part of the soviet flag hammer. That's just my hang up.

With the Stormy logo, the amount of brown for the fur just seems out of place when used as the main crest, and without introducing brown to the color scheme, I'm not sure how you visually make that work without it looking off.

Regarding the logo. so I wanted to keep the C on the logo closed to kind of differentiate from the Habs and Flames. I could open it up a bit but then you have to go full negative space with the H in the middle and I'm not sure that works, either. I notched the ends on the C with a triangle shape for the RTP, which does give a bit of that barbell look you are referencing, but personally I kind of like it.

I could go with an all red logo, but I don't know how it would look in use, especially on a red jersey. So I went with that grey/silver, which should stand out on red, white, or black without getting muddled.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
All of you have scared me into buying another adidas jersey. I bought my first jersey at the arena back in December but probably won’t be able to make it to another game this season. Who has the best prices online?

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don’t think theres a way to make that logo look good as a center crest, while also acknowledging that its an awesome logo. Doesnt fill enough space on the sides i think. Maybe in the middle of a circle or something similar could make it work?

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad