OT: Which threads blow you away? The great jersey debate

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I agree that a lighter gray would be quite boring. But I'd be curious to see how a dark, maybe heathered gray would look, with a decent bit of red integrated, kind of like the big red flags the had on the side of the stadium series pants. Would also need some of the same dark gray in the jerseys to tie it all together. Couldn't find a pic of pants but something along the color scheme of this jersey.

View attachment 691843
I mean that's basically the Tampa Bay Bucs look

imago1020100154h.jpg

Reactions: DaveG and LakeLivin

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I mean that's basically the Tampa Bay Bucs look

imago1020100154h.jpg

Thanks! I think that color scheme would work even better with a hockey uniform. The logo would make the Jersey more dynamic and I think the smaller gray area of hockey pants vs. football pants would work better.

As an aside, I think the Bucs unis would look better if there was more gray in the jersey to tie it in better with the pants.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Recently got my first Fanatics branded tshirt. After 1 wear and 1 wash the logo is already deteriorating. I originally didn’t like them because their designs are awful but this is pretty bad.

Reactions: DaveG

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Do you think they’ll do red buckets on the road now that it’s the playoffs? Part of me thinks surely not but another part thinks why wouldn’t they? I won’t have strong feelings either way but I am curious to see what they do

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Do you think they’ll do red buckets on the road now that it’s the playoffs? Part of me thinks surely not but another part thinks why wouldn’t they? I won’t have strong feelings either way but I am curious to see what they do
I'd lean why wouldn't they

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Now this is a bit odd....

Going to the site, it looks like all of the main jerseys we wore this year (Black Home, Red Throwback, White Away and Stadium Series) are currently discounted at 30%. You usually don't see this unless they're looking to shed inventory before introducing something new

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Now this is a bit odd....

Going to the site, it looks like all of the main jerseys we wore this year (Black Home, Red Throwback, White Away and Stadium Series) are currently discounted at 30%. You usually don't see this unless they're looking to shed inventory before introducing something new

End of the season. No retailer likes to sit on a pile of inventory. They may also have minimum buys for next year, uneven size and player selection, etc. If you can clear out old stock at a profit, you do it. And they are still turning a tidy profit at those prices.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Wondering what jerseys we will see this season. Was nice we got to see 6 different jerseys worn last year.

Kinda hoping the stadium series kits make an appearance again. They were so sick in my opinion.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Wondering what jerseys we will see this season. Was nice we got to see 6 different jerseys worn last year.

Kinda hoping the stadium series kits make an appearance again. They were so sick in my opinion.
If I had to guess, the black as home, white as road, throwback as alternates, and a new Whalers version we haven't seen yet. I think the green is being retired as they just purged their authentics inventory during last week's Yard Sale online.

Reactions: DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
might be going to the navy blue ones since I was seeing those pop up in the eye late last season but never in use. Did NOT see those on sale at any point online though.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
might be going to the navy blue ones since I was seeing those pop up in the eye late last season but never in use. Did NOT see those on sale at any point online though.
Well technically, those were 'Team Classics', and I would find it hard to believe we'd still be selling them if we were going to turn around and create an on-ice version at a similar price point, immediately devaluing them.

If I had to guess, we're going to do a white version of the Whalers look, possibly going with the one with silver trim

$_12.JPG

Reactions: cptjeff and DaveG

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

Looking like there might be a new Whalers jersey in the fold this year

Lame they aren't using the 25th anniversary jerseys as the "alternate". Felt like the consensus was most people liked them better than the 2017-2021 reds that we're going back to.

Also was hoping we'd breakout the Stadium Stadium kits again as they was so sexy. But not surprised either since they were a specialty jersey.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Why won't the Hurricanes ever wear the blue Whalers jersey? IMO it is so much better than the usual green. Are the blue Whalers in The Eye numbered or no?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
No new reverse retros this year.

Atleast we aren’t wearing the reverse retros from before.

27 black
13 red
1 whalers

Mostly white on the road, maybe a couple of games with black unis on the road.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Lame they aren't using the 25th anniversary jerseys as the "alternate". Felt like the consensus was most people liked them better than the 2017-2021 reds that we're going back to.

Also was hoping we'd breakout the Stadium Stadium kits again as they was so sexy. But not surprised either since they were a specialty jersey.
Oh come the f*** on, I'm pretty sure they were even explicitly saying the new reds were dead and the OGs would be the alt this year at one point. What bullcrap. Seriously, just make the originals the home jersey again, but if you're not going to do that, at least give them to us as the alt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad