Which team do you support now, fans of eliminated teams?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
All Rangers fans want Dallas to Play Winnipeg in the West final and then have Winnipeg lose to Tampa in the SCF. That gives us the Dallas 1st, Tampas 1st, and I think a third or or fourth from Peg. Oh yeah Zuccarello has to stay healthy for Dallas too. So no hitto the Zucco.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Carolina, Columbus, Washington.

Of the west teams, i guess i would be okay with Calgary getting it done. Or Nashville.

Last edited:

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
All Rangers fans want Dallas to Play Winnipeg in the West final and then have Winnipeg lose to Tampa in the SCF. That gives us the Dallas 1st, Tampas 1st, and I think a third or or fourth from Peg. Oh yeah Zuccarello has to stay healthy for Dallas too. So no hitto the Zucco.

I'd much rather see WPG lose in the first two rounds. We'd get pick 22 instead of 28 or 29. That's worth way more than like a 2021 3rd or whatever it is.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Up until this past summer of 2018 - I would've said the Toronto Maple Leafs...No question.

After Shanny's speech about 'team friendly contracts' - Matthews/Marner more or less made it known that their agents would be handling things...Throw Nylander into the mix... All I can say is that this team's core group comes across as a bunch of spoiled millennials who want their $$$ more than the Cup...That's fine - they have that right, but I lost a lot of respect for them.

That said...I'm pulling for any one of the Blues, Flames, Jets, and Bruins...And maybe the Bolts (cuz Stevie Y).

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'd much rather see WPG lose in the first two rounds. We'd get pick 22 instead of 28 or 29. That's worth way more than like a 2021 3rd or whatever it is.
Good point. Ok that's what I want too.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
no we want Winnipeg to lose in round 1 so our 1st rounder is higher.

Reactions: SML2

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Winnipeg & San Jose in the West, also don't mind Nashville.

In the East I generally cheer for Washington, Pittsburgh and Tampa. I wish it were possibly for no one to win the BOS/TOR series.

Reactions: HabsQC

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
St. Louis Blues first and foremost. What a story and I feel like we have some kindred with them with time in the league and some playoff history as well.

Bruins, love their game, and for some early 2010s feels too.

NYI and Caps I'm good with as well.

The rest of you, I hope you have a good time, but that's it.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Rangers have so many picks and conditions in play there's not a lot of room for a genuine bandwagon; St. Louis to beat Winnipeg, Dallas to beat Nashville & St. Louis, Tampa to beat everyone. So, begrudgingly, Tampa I guess, and a Sharks-Stars WCF.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
As a buffalo fan it is my Annual playoff duty to cheer for teams who have never won the cup. Since I haven’t seen my team in the playoffs in like 85 years I’ve grown to cheee on Ovi the most but he and caps finally did it so my next one is the blues.

The sharks and even Vegas I don’t mind going for whoever comes out of that but the blues and preds, and then I want to say Columbus but I don’t like duchene.

I wasnt the biggest ror supporter but eh I’ll cheer for the guy he’s really good and the blues deserve a cup. Jets I don’t hate but I’ll definitely go for the blues.

Two teams I absolutely have to cheer against are Toronto and Pittsburgh for being my first and third most hated teams so islanders and bruins by default too.

Ps - I was a huge kings and hawks supporter during their first cup runs due to their long droughts at the time too

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Leafs fans what did you guys do? There are Canucks fans rooting for Boston.

Pretty much happens in Canada. Most Canadian fans hate other Canadian teams. Lots of trolling on these boards especially between the Canadian fan bases.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Pretty much happens in Canada. Most Canadian fans hate other Canadian teams. Lots of trolling on these boards especially between the Canadian fan bases.
It's just the way it is. Even outside of sports. Ontario and Quebec will hate each other, all the western provinces will hate each other, and everyone will hate Toronto. Just part of our culture.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Im rooting for Ovys second cup.
Jumbo Joe for is 1st.
Winnipeg for there fans.
St Louis for there 1st cup.
The only team that id prefer they dont win the cup is boston.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary
As long as my team isn't involved, I root for overtime.

I root for whoever's down to tie it up.

In overtime, I root for the goalies, followed by the team behind in the series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad