Which team do you MOST want to see get the #1 pick? (Pick 3)

Which team do you MOST want to see get the #1 pick? (Pick 3)

• Total voters
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I didn’t say that. I was responding to your question asking why MTL deserves it more than your team and ott.

your team hasnt been stuck in mediocrity for the last 20 + years. Its been what, 4-5 years?

Depends what your definition of mediocrity is. People seem to forget that we are going on a decade since Detroit has done anything. Yes, they won the Cup in 2008, which isn't that long ago, but 2008 was still 12 years ago. We haven't won a playoff series since 2013, and haven't watched a single playoff game in 4 years.

I realize that the Wings did have a ton of success, but we are going on a decade here. I've never in my entire life seen the Wings pick in the top 3, and we've dropped back in 4 straight lotteries. This season was laughable on all accounts, Detroit was historically bad, but the light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting further and further away because of a ridiculous lottery system.

I will agree to meet you in the middle, both Detroit and Montreal "deserve" a break in the lottery. Honestly man, if the Habs get Laf, it'll be a pretty cool story. I'd rather him in MTL than PIT/TOR/EDM/CHI, so good luck.

Reactions: lilmaxo

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Depends what your definition of mediocrity is. People seem to forget that we are going on a decade since Detroit has done anything. Yes, they won the Cup in 2008, which isn't that long ago, but 2008 was still 12 years ago. We haven't won a playoff series since 2013, and haven't watched a single playoff game in 4 years.

I realize that the Wings did have a ton of success, but we are going on a decade here. I've never in my entire life seen the Wings pick in the top 3, and we've dropped back in 4 straight lotteries. This season was laughable on all accounts, Detroit was historically bad, but the light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting further and further away because of a ridiculous lottery system.

I will agree to meet you in the middle, both Detroit and Montreal "deserve" a break in the lottery. Honestly man, if the Habs get Laf, it'll be a pretty cool story. I'd rather him in MTL than PIT/TOR/EDM/CHI, so good luck.

I understand that lottery wise we been fortunate but we ended up reaching for position in a weaker draft.

No UFA stars that aren’t on the decline ever sign here. To me, it’s all about having 1 offensive superstar and we can only get one with the draft and it hasnt happened yet even if we had our chance with galchy and now KK, i don’t think Kk has that potential.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Lumbus...since they are our farm team, Yotes since they are our little brother team, and the Wild cuz something, something, USA hockey.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, I'd like to see Jets win it because that should have been their pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad