Which Player are you looking forward seeing this season

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Well that's good to hear then. I was curious and looked through his stat sheet and damn did he dominate in the WHL/ECHL. For some reason, he couldn't translate that much to the AHL.

He was actually a brilliant prospect at one point, but I recall him getting a serious injury. He actually got a lot of hype on these boards, and if I remember correctly, some of the frequent posters thought he had a chance to jump right into the NHL when he finished his final year in the WHL.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Wahl is a useless bust. Testwuide atleast brought a physical aspect to Abbottsford. Wahl brought nothing.

Considering Wahl wasn't qualified either it doesn't really matter.

Considering Wahl was traded to the Flyers organization mid-season, it's all rather moot.

I'm looking forward to seeing Monahan - yes, I think he makes the team.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
I really, really don't want to see Monahan up with the Flames. I can't think of a single player who's development has been ruined by an extra year of junior. And yet, there are countless examples of players who were brought in early and it ruined their development.

I'm worried the Flames will keep Monahan on the big team so the rebuild is an easier sell. If we're going to be patient with a rebuild, we need to be patient with the players. Monahan will make no difference to this clubs fortunes in 2013/2014 so why jeopardize his development all the while burning a very valuable year of his ELC? Not to mention, there are plenty of guys like Knight, Horak, and Reinhart that could/should be given long looks at the 3rd line center position.

I'd be okay with a 9 game tryout similar to what Scheifele and Zibanejad got just so he gets a taste of the big leagues. After that, he needs to be back with the '67s.
Couldn't agree more. I'm a big believer in sending them back down, and keeping him with the big club won't mean much anyway-we're still gonna finish near the bottom. Looking forward to seeing Sven, Brodie, Ramo, and Knight.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5