Which Player are you looking forward seeing this season

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
With Iginla, Tanguay, Sarich gone and the likes of T.J. Galiardi, Ben Hanowski, Shane O'Brien, Kris Russell, Mark Cundari, Kari Ramo, coming to play for the flames who are you most excited to see this season. Below are all the non-roster players according to http://www.capgeek.com/flames/ a few of these players could make the team.

Corban Knight, F

Reto Berra, G (Not likely as Ramo and McDonald are in place even if kipper stays or retires)

Tyler Wotherspoon, D

Laurent Brossoit, G (Not likely as Ramo and McDonald are in place even if kipper stays or retires)

Markus Granlund,

Chad Billins, Chad, D

John Ramage, D

Ryan Howse, F

Max Reinhart, F

Joni Ortio, G (Not likely as Ramo and McDonald are in place even if kipper stays or retires)

Michael Ferland, F

Greg Nemisz, F

James Martin, D

Ben Street, F

Turner Elson, F

David Eddy, F

Lance Bouma

Paul Byron, F

Carter Bancks, F

C. Breen, D
Brady Lamb, D

Bryan Cameron, F

Akim Aliu, F

Leland Irving, G (May get to play if McDonald falters)

Gaelan Patterson, F

M. Testwuide, F

Krys Kolanos, F

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Brady Lamb, D
Bryan Cameron, F
Akim Aliu, F
Gaelan Patterson, F
M. Testwuide, F
Krys Kolanos, F
none of these guys are even Flames anymore they are UFAs that will not be offered contracts.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I dont think any of them will be in the NHL full time

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Every single one of them to be honest. I would like to watch any Flame player who plays with heart. Obviously, the players who are being hyped up are certainly catching my attention even more. I want to see how Baertschi, Backlund, Brodie, Monahan and Knight progress this season especially I guess. And of course our goalies, I really hope we have at least one NHL-calibre starting goalie out of our bunch.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
The usual suspects, Sven, Brodie, etc.. Than basically everyone lol, ready to see some youth and exuberance. Hopefully see some more first NHL goals too ;) those are always great

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Backlund - If last year's performance was the exception rather than the norm, the Flames are in big trouble next season. Backlund needs to be a number 1 centre if the Flames are going to develop properly during the rebuild.

Jones - The Flames have spent many years trying to reignite the careers of many players, and now Jones can be added to that list. He has big shoes to fill by replacing top-line Tanguay, so he'll need to prove he's not a downgrade.

Brodie - This year Brodie is going to be expected to eat a ton of minutes. Every year he's only gotten better, this year the Flames need that trend to continue.

Ramo/Berra/McDonald - Nobody can replace the work ethic and legacy Kipper left behind, but somebody has to try

abracanada

Aug 29, 2004
Would really like to see Poirier make the team first year. I love it when some of these pundits have already written him off as a bad pick. He is gonna have attitude.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Would really like to see Poirier make the team first year. I love it when some of these pundits have already written him off as a bad pick. He is gonna have attitude.

he is not nhl ready. no thanks, one year in chl then another in the ahl

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
I am looking to see how Backlund does. If he progresses like last year and stays healthy he can become our number one center

Last edited:

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Brady Lamb, D
Bryan Cameron, F
Akim Aliu, F
Gaelan Patterson, F
M. Testwuide, F
Krys Kolanos, F

none of these guys are even Flames anymore they are UFAs that will not be offered contracts.

Thanks for the information. I just borrowed the list that capgeek had and when I made this thread did not have time to double check which players are on the Flames and which are not.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am always excited to watch the Flames, doesn't matter if it's Steve Begin, Corban Knight or Lanny McDonald. It's always a treat.

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Even though most have us projected to finish dead last I am more excited for this upcoming season than I have been in a while. I think win or lose its going to be alot of fun to watch the kids. We have some up and coming forward prospects that will be fun to watch (Baertchi, Backlund, Knight,Jones,Galliardi,etc…)
We have a great young D in Brodie who will be fun to watch this year as he is given a large role and to top it off we have an open competition in goalie between 4 men IMO that will be very fun to watch as it unfolds throughout the season (Ramo, Berra, Ortio, Macdonald)

julesdoe

Jul 11, 2013
Germany
just watching our young guys slowly develop and take over the organization and carve out their roles with the big club will be great...
this year in particular:

bärtschi hopefully stays healthy and turns in to a reliable scorer.

backlund stays healthy too and plays a good two-way role with the occasional dangling goal.

hanowski is kind of unpredictable to me. could end up in the ahl for another year, could end up playing 2nd or 3rd line doing the dirty work and using his body.

with knight i hope he can translate his scoring and improve our fo%. but definitely looking forward watching him take this step.

brodie i wanna see just get more minutes and a little more offense...
horak hopefully stays in the nhl as a winger and gets to use his wheels a little more to make smart plays on both ends.

maybe reinhart finds a spot too, but i wasn't too impressed and maybe he can work on his offense down in abby.

i hope brossoit will get some solid ahl time too.

hopefully monahan will get the time he needs to start his first season being 100% nhl-ready, if that means another year in the juniors, i'm absolutely fine with that.

also i hope gaudreau improves his numbers, wins everything and comes into 2014-15 with a lot of confidence.

some surprise performances by some of our late-round picks would also be highly appreciated.

and it's nemisz's last chance! so that might be entertaining, at least for one scoreless month after which we'll all know for certain that he's bust.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Even though most have us projected to finish dead last I am more excited for this upcoming season than I have been in a while. I think win or lose its going to be alot of fun to watch the kids. We have some up and coming forward prospects that will be fun to watch (Baertchi, Backlund, Knight,Jones,Galliardi,etc…)
We have a great young D in Brodie who will be fun to watch this year as he is given a large role and to top it off we have an open competition in goalie between 4 men IMO that will be very fun to watch as it unfolds throughout the season (Ramo, Berra, Ortio, Macdonald)

So much truth to this. Absolutely no pressure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad