Which NHL city would you choose to move to?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
re: Detroit
City is coming back... Still wouldn't move there.

Honestly wouldn't move to any NHL city simply due to the fact that I hate the busyness. Only said Houston because I'd like to see them get a team and the city is actually laid out over a huge area so it still doesn't feel that densely populated.

It is incredible. Detroit is a great place to invest in if you're an investor.

Whaleafs

“The Leafs are mulch again”
Mar 24, 2017
HFX
Tampa. Have been there before, although it was 20 years ago, but the team is good, weather is too & no personal income tax.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Houses seem be really cheap in and around a lot of southern cities, so I'd probably go to Miami or Tampa or Dallas and buy one of those McMansions.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Houston is too humid tbh and Phx/Vegas are too hot and dry. I think a suburb in Atlanta would have been perfect. Weather gets cold there but only around 5ish degrees celsius in the Winter I believe and the cost of living isn't that high either. Don't have to worry about tornadoes or hurricanes.

Tampa has some level of hurricane protection and low-ish taxes so that would probably be my next choice.

Or the West coast if you're rich and don't worry about earthquakes or traffic.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Boston or LA for me!

LA traffic last night.
maxresdefault.jpg

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Probably Vegas. Vancouver is beautiful if I had the money to buy a house (on top of that salary). I like the southwest though. Probably Vegas within driving distance of Cali and Arizona.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I am thinking Vancouver. It's got a very good reputation. How's the weather, though?

Unless you are a fan of rain the weather is terrible, there's rain for about 7-9 months and some winters get a lot of snow. May-Aug is nice though. Also, 100k in Vancouver ain't getting shit lol.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
I am in Ontario but we really need to start a team in Cuba or Dominican Republic LOL Sicily would be good too

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
It's a shame they probably wont win Amazon. Talk about a speed boost on their turn around.

Man, I remember D was in talks about possibly getting a huge Amazon facility. That would have really been awesome for the people there. So that's a no go now?

It's awesome that the band Greta Van Fleet that get plays by the house DJ at every NHL and NFL arenas are brothers from Frankenmuth. Lots of talent come out of Michigan.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Man, I remember D was in talks about possibly getting a huge Amazon facility. That would have really been awesome for the people there. So that's a no go now?

It's awesome that the band Greta Van Fleet that get plays by the house DJ at every NHL and NFL arenas are brothers from Frankenmuth. Lots of talent come out of Michigan.

They put in a bid, but I haven't seen anybody rank them anywhere near the top of the list.

Granted, a lot of people are ranking cities like Phoenix amongst the top likely, and I'm pretty sure Amazon said they want somewhere east.

Seems like Boston/Austin/Raleigh are coming up a lot.

I did see that Google just moved into an office in District Detroit though.

Reactions: Dotter

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Unless you are a fan of rain the weather is terrible, there's rain for about 7-9 months and some winters get a lot of snow. May-Aug is nice though. Also, 100k in Vancouver ain't getting **** lol.

I don't think you really know what you're talking about

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Lived in Vancouver for ~20 years, I think I know what I'm talking about. Multiple posters already pointed out the rain and sky high housing prices too so I'm not alone.

I guess we just differ on the definition of "a lot of snow"

And while it does rain some, you make it seem like it rains for 7 - 9 months straight

It was +15 and sunny on Thursday

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Anywhere where I won't be taxed to death and can get at least a hint of the 4 seasons if nothing else.

Ideally I'd love to live in DC, but the COL there is quite high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad