Speculation: Which Jets aren't coming back?

Who's gone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It was segment near the startup of summer league play-ins rounds, when panel was discussing different high-end players and future o each Canadian NHL team. There was a reference to Carolina would be interested in joining Laine with Aho and should Laine's next contract negotiations go awry., via Friedman's turn to "blab". It's all just the Hockey-talk panels throwing names around and making suggestions, etc. I am doing the same thing, just making a suggestion, possible trade partner with my own take, wish on it. Not quoting anybody or reporting circumvented news here. Easy lad.
You Don't see the possibility in my suggestion, I do. So be it. Have a nice day. Cheers.
Laine is going to net 50+ the next season, whenever that starts. My prediction.

I certainly hope he does score 50, that would be great. No need for the easy lad, I'm merely asking for where that information is coming from.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Are you serious? I'm a Jets fan and season ticket holder that's been posting here for 10 years. I've also watched Carolina and Svech play.
Cool. Go Jets Go. I have seen Svechnikov, Andrei that is, #37 of the Carolina Hurricanes,take a few f/o draws and playing the middle zones coverage, on a few occasions. I have zero input or take on suggesting he is, or is not a Center, as listed on any program or forum or Carolina Hurricanes roster lineup, NHL.com.
I am merely Suggesting: I would "take the risk" on trading Laine to Carolina Hurricanes for Andrei Svechnikov. I said, because I have watched a highlight in which he took a f/o draw, won it back to his point man, who moved the puck up the boards where the CH winger trapped the defender along the boards, Svech swooped in and gathered the puck circling out to the f/o circle deked out a defender and snapped the puck past the goalie to score. Very , Eric Staal like in ability from previous years.
He was playing Center on that highlight. Watched a couple other games where I saw him taking f/o's.
My suggestion was trying him at 2C but since that does not register with you, put him at RW, So be it. A scoring RW #2oa draft pick young star player in Laine for a scoring, play-driving #2oa pick young star in Svechnikov.
Is that okay or have I broken a "code of opinions" you cannot accept? If so, sir, Sorry. Move on. I am moving "outta here now". Bye-bye. Cheers

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Cool. Go Jets Go. I have seen Svechnikov, Andrei that is, #37 of the Carolina Hurricanes,take a few f/o draws and playing the middle zones coverage, on a few occasions. I have zero input or take on suggesting he is, or is not a Center, as listed on any program or forum or Carolina Hurricanes roster lineup, NHL.com.
I am merely Suggesting: I would "take the risk" on trading Laine to Carolina Hurricanes for Andrei Svechnikov. I said, because I have watched a highlight in which he took a f/o draw, won it back to his point man, who moved the puck up the boards where the CH winger trapped the defender along the boards, Svech swooped in and gathered the puck circling out to the f/o circle deked out a defender and snapped the puck past the goalie to score. Very , Eric Staal like in ability from previous years.
He was playing Center on that highlight. Watched a couple other games where I saw him taking f/o's.
My suggestion was trying him at 2C but since that does not register with you, put him at RW, So be it. A scoring RW #2oa draft pick young star player in Laine for a scoring, play-driving #2oa pick young star in Svechnikov.
Is that okay or have I broken a "code of opinions" you cannot accept? If so, sir, Sorry. Move on. I am moving "outta here now". Bye-bye. Cheers

Cool. I'd "take the risk" too. But my original comment was 2 fold. 1) I don't think Svech plays C. If you think he does, or could, cool. If he could he would be even more valuable. I'm just adding my own opinion. 2) I don't think Carolina would make that deal. Again, my opinion.

No need to get yourself twisted up, I'm sharing my own opinion just like you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: GumbyCan2

slurpee addict

Winter is Coming
Jul 13, 2018
Winnipeg
If we’re trading Laine, I’d like to target Pulock from the Isles. Just not sure what plus to add from them.

I'd love to have Pulock as well. But I'm certain Isles fans would actually expect the Jets would have to add to the offer of Laine for Pulock. Pulock's on the number one D-pairing on the 2018-19 best team goals against and near the same result this year (2019-20) but for a crap last month with overall injuries. I love Laine and wouldn't trade him at all but until we see him get more consistent at what he does best and continue to improve his past weaknesses (which admittedly he is doing) then he's not yet at that elite level we sometimes think he is. (although sometimes he is - just not there often enough).

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The Eakin trade looked not bad before the pause but he wasn't very good against the Flames.
A great pick up in DeMelo though...especially if/when he re-signs.
Chevy is going to sign/trade someone on D with size for next year. Pietrangelo for 5 x 9m?

I'd be happy to go up to at least 11M for Pietrangelo but no way he comes here
Instead maybe we'll just re-sign Beaulieu. :help:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
11m??? Really? For how long???

He's only 30 now and is currently one of the best dmen in the league. Those guys don't come up in free agency very often. Do as many years as he wants IMO and sort out the other pieces later (for cap or whatever).

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Given our D depth, re-upping DeMelo is a must.
Bouqrue, Shore, Letestu, Shaw, Bitetto, Sbiza ,Eakin et al.......for the most part constitute a whole bunch of replaceable junk.....

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Given our D depth, re-upping DeMelo is a must.
Bouqrue, Shore, Letestu, Shaw, Bitetto, Sbiza ,Eakin et al.......for the most part constitute a whole bunch of replaceable junk.....

Yes I like this, also add Kuli and Perreault. I'd like to add Hall, Subban, Virtanen, and Puli. If we can get Krug or Piet, then obv take Subban out, and only if they can or will retain some salary for Subban.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They have no cap space to add Laine.

A bit late with this - But Isles have 3.1 mil now, with a roster of 29. They are going to lose about 12.8 mil to UFA. They need to give substantial raises to Barzal and Pulock. Unless they trade Pulock. They should be able to manage the cap.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You can acquire a player like Pulock with a mid-first round pick. I really don't see how you trade one of the best young scorers in the league for a player like Pulock. The Jets would need some premium talent in return for Laine.

The problem is that we don't have enough of those mid 1st rd picks - or the 4 years it takes to develop them.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree we can’t squander our most elite young asset. Laine has taken some heat on here at times but Keeping it real

before the age of 22

Laine 135 goals
Scheifele 28 goals
Connor 45 approximately
Ehlers. 40 ish

Laine has his faults but he was at 80 goals in the NHL while the rest of these guys were breast feeding still. He has a full season at 22 and a season at 23 and those can be big development years.

I am ok to move him but it better be for something really big coming back.

Pulock would be pretty big in terms of rebuilding our D. But he is not nearly enough. They don't have the picks or prospects to make up the difference there. They would need to add Brock Nelson. I can't see them adding their 2C, 2nd leading scorer and leading goal scorer.

Reactions: ps241

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Hmm, the rumour du jour makes me think we should add Laine's name as a poll option.

What's the rumour mill saying?

I can def see Laine looking for different pastures given the status quo here, and the chance to play as 1RW somewhere else but would hate to see us lose on such a deal -- which we almost inevitably would, IMO.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
He didn't even say that he and Ehlers were on the block. He said that based on the Jets roster needs, it seemed to make sense for them to trade a winger to fill a gap at C or on D. He didn't even pretend to have any inside info on the Jets' intentions.
sounds like to me Roslovic unless Chevy knows Laine ain't signing here neither Laine or Ehlers are moving

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad