Which goalie do you want starting for the Flames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I think Toronto can outbid us for a goalie if we want the same one bad enough. They have more assets specifically draft picks.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I think Toronto can outbid us for a goalie if we want the same one bad enough. They have more assets specifically draft picks.

And the ability to take on salary. Treliving's got his work cut out for him.. At the end of the day, there's always Ramo :laugh: :dunno:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

I hope Toronto goes out and gets Gibson. One less team driving up the other goalies prices. I have no interest in Gibson anyway.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Do not overpay for a burnt out guy....find some talent that is blocked at the NHL level,,,, (similar to how Kipper or Bishop got their opportunity).

But that requires good eye for goaltending talent. The Flames have none, not with Tod Button.

So roll the dice and hope to get lucky ...just dont use the 6th OV pick for it.

Aug 3, 2010

Yes, but there's always other mitigating factors such as, do teams want to trade their assets inter-conference? What type of assets are they looking for?

For instance - for most teams trading goaltenders, they want to be contenders, not rebuilders. Calgary has more developed assets than Toronto in that respect.

Either way, I'd actually like Treliving to stay out of a bidding war (if that happens) and even let Toronto grab a goalie first. There's enough players on the market that the first goalie acquired won't necessarily be the best deal made.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Yes, but there's always other mitigating factors such as, do teams want to trade their assets inter-conference? What type of assets are they looking for?

For instance - for most teams trading goaltenders, they want to be contenders, not rebuilders. Calgary has more developed assets than Toronto in that respect.

Either way, I'd actually like Treliving to stay out of a bidding war (if that happens) and even let Toronto grab a goalie first. There's enough players on the market that the first goalie acquired won't necessarily be the best deal made.

this is true...also I think the pens are going to give maf a choice in where he wants to go.....so it might not be the highest bidder. (if the bids are somewhat close)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't want any of these goalies because they'd all require an overpayment or just a huge asset to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad