Where would Morgan Klimchuk be drafted if he were in the 2014 draft?

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Klimchuk would be in 18-20 range for me. I still think that in time, Morgan will be a more productive scorer than Poirier. Yes I know I'm the only one that thinks that.

Not the only one. I have a suspicion he might be as well; I think they'll both be similar in overall ability, but Klimchuk has a style that translates strongly to any level of hockey. Poirier, while good, still relies fairly heavily on his rocketshoes to produce, and I think we'll see a greater limiting effect on that in the NHL than on any of Klimchuk's skillset.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Oh wow, that's where you went. I have found myself agreeing with your posts a lot more since the name change. :laugh:

Haha, I changed my name, not my brain :laugh:

But I agree about Morgan, he's such a smart kid, I feel he's going to continue to adapt and get better and better with age, and such I think he has a higher offensive ceiling than Emile.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Haha, I changed my name, not my brain :laugh:

But I agree about Morgan, he's such a smart kid, I feel he's going to continue to adapt and get better and better with age, and such I think he has a higher offensive ceiling than Emile.

That's what I think too. Klimchuk can also play with any player which is overlooked. He does everything and he can be a real effective top 6 winger

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I agree too. I feel Morgan has more top 6 potential, and Emile as a solid third line RWer who is on the penalty kill.

Hopefully we find size on the RW side in the top 6 (assuming you have Gaudreau, Baertschi and Klimchuk as your top 6 in a few years).

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I agree too. I feel Morgan has more top 6 potential, and Emile as a solid third line RWer who is on the penalty kill.

Hopefully we find size on the RW side in the top 6 (assuming you have Gaudreau, Baertschi and Klimchuk as your top 6 in a few years).

Really I actually think its quite the opposite. Poirier has much better puck skills IMO.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
Poirier has a deadly wrist shot and a great one timer, but Klimchuk is a very crafty playmaker. Both have 1st line potential IMO.

BacklundtoBartschi*

I feel Klimchuk will be more of an elite 3rd liner - good 2nd liner, while Poirier will be more of an elite 2nd liner - low end top line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad